MDPE for hot water is it ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon.
I have a Sadia Megaflow in my garage and need to run hot water to workshop at the bottom of the garden (around 70ft) is it OK to use 20mm MDPE blue or will the expansion, contraction weaken the joints/crack the pipe?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks! Although the supply would be turned off during really cold weather as it gets too cold to work down there I was hoping it would be OK as I assume it would take more to freeze the water in cold weather but copper it is then.

I would use barrier pipe, insulated.

Don't know what you are using it for but if its a sink I'd use 15mm pipe - or you will wait over twice as long to run off the cold volume of water in the pipe before the hot appears.

And waste twice as much water.......

Sponsored Links
Further to the above post - might be more efficient to run in cold 15mm Hep and then perhaps a point of use water heater to heat it up in the workshop?

Hi, Yes it is for a sink. There is cold there already with drainage and has been there since I bought the house.I will just fit a small water heater over the sink as suggested.

2nd the water heater suggestion

As said, youll wait ages for the water, and if you were to do any work in the colder weather youd need to burry the pipe VERY deep or with a lot of insulation to stop it freezing over a 70ft length,

Or you could use a kettle ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back