MDPE pipe connection leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many years ago a plumber installed water into my utility room using MDPE blue pipe,
I asked him to run a branch and leave enough pipe for me to connect an outside tap to.
For some unknown reason he cut the pipe off, 2 inches above the ground, this made it rather tight for me to fit a shut off valve to the pipe end, but I managed it.
This winter when closing the valve it developed a leak from the bottom nut, I am not keen on putting grips on this nut in case it wrings the short 2 inch pipe coming out of the floor.
Any suggestions on sealing the bottom nut would be appreciated, when the weather improves I am considering removing the rather large shut off valve and replacing it with a MDPE pipe reducer to copper connection and then putting an small inline valve in the copper pipe, this will I think reduce any pressure on the 2 inch of pipe when I want to shut the water supply to the outside tap off.

Sponsored Links
sounds more like the fitting was just holding and you've disturbed it when turning it off.

why not fit a mdpe to copper brass stopcock. 2" willbe enough to fit it to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back