Mdpe plasson remove top nut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I need to replace the stop tap under the sink in the kitchen as it’s seized up,and I also want to install a water filter, and change the base unit completely
about 6 months ago I replaced the connector from the main water pipe running into the house from the concrete floor with a plasson connection as the connector failed and leaked everywhere.
I now need to remove the pipe coming out of the plasson connector which is 15mm and goes into the stop tap.
What I want to know is can I use some pliers or grips on the plasson plastic top nut to release the pipe or do I need the special plasson wrench, it just seems a waste of money for a tool I’m going to use only one time.
I ve not actually tried anything yet as I don’t want to mess up the connections as I need to remove the unit and everything first, I just wanted to get an idea of how to tackle this nut so the mains water supply is only turned off for an hour instead of days because I’ve messed it up.
Appreciate any tips or tricks
Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Something like water pump pliers work well preferably 2 pair so you can hold fitting while loosening nut.
All this type of fitting should not be over tightened.

If working a lot with them then a C spanner is advised but as suggested a cple of large swan necked pump pliers should do the job

1697367082364.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back