Ouch! Plasson push fit with missing pipe insert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I just pushed a 20mm water pipe into a Plasson Plass One copper pipe adapter (20mm / 15mm). Half a second later I realised I'd forgot to insert the pipe liner. The pipe won't come out because the oh so clever designers have made it "tamper proof" to defend it against all the evil minded people going around houses and loosening pipe connectors (what planet do these people live on?).

Now ... I found two videos on YouTube promoting this connector - one showed the connection without the pipe liner, the other with it.

Has anybody got any experience of these connectors? Since I can't remove the pipe I'm tempted to carry on without the liner but the fact that it came with the connector does bug me!

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Arrh! Thanks for your enlightening reply. I admit to being a doughnut but it still doesn't excuse a stupid tamper proof nut design! (there is a £20 quid tool to unscrew this nut so the connector can be be reused).

Sponsored Links
Problem solved...

Cut pipe flush with connector
Place end of connector on piece of wood.
Select two opposite connector nut indents and mark positions on wood
Drive two nails in the marks until heads about 5mm from surface
Position connector nut over these nail heads and twist.
Comes off easily. Took less than 5 mins :mrgreen:

I can now reuse if pipe length needs changing or need to use elsewhere.

//media.diynot.com/188000_187417_76634_15735346_thumb.jpg

Photo is small so the nail heads are difficult to see but they are just in front of the connector white nut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back