Meares-Irlen Syndrome and front heated windscreens?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The whole family suffers from dyslexia, and some of the family are helped using coloured overlays, my wife has for years always felt sick travelling in the rear seats of a car, but until today never had a problem in the front.

However daughter has changed her car to one with with front heater screen, and in that car my wife feeds sick, I have also felt nauseous when travelling in my wife's car as a passenger, again with front heater screen, is there a connection between the wires in the screen which seem to work similar to a 1/4 wave filter and car sickness with dyslexia sufferers?

Sponsored Links
I've had two cars with a heated from screen and I didn't particularly like it. When driving in town at night, it was like having a starburst filter on your screen with all the other lights reflecting off the wires in the glass.

Has she tried looking out the side window , car sickness is usually associated with focusing on near objects rather than distant ( one reason people are more likely to be car sick in the rear ).

She suffers from nauseous effect when looking out of side window this is why she always sits at the front. What I am trying to find out is if this is a known problem, we are only guessing due to wires in front screen, would like to verify if this is reason, does anyone else have problems with those wires?

Sponsored Links
I dont have a problem with it -Im slightly dyslexic.

Ive got a mondeo with heated front screen

Dunno about dyslexia and associated things ( prevalent in my family and me) but could it be trying to focus on the wires subconsiously . I used to notice the lines on the old Zebrazone toughened screens.

Back