Why kids have no respect.

lets not forget that kids are designed to push parental boundaries. No doubt our parents thought we were rebels and unruly etc. when we were growing up.

But i do agree that more kids these days seem to take the p!ss. But there are many many factors...

- music.. some lyrics in rap, r&b music these days beggars belief
- tv.. 1000's of channels, all vying for kids' attention
- computer games.. violence/power/violence/power vicious circle
- premiership footie on tv every weekend, and disrespectful players/managers

there are hundreds more, and that's without examining socio-economic factors

Sponsored Links
Sooey, I don't want to publish their name openly so will PM you with it later if you accept me as a friend.

Why kids have no respect?

I think you can blame it on the current mantra that respect has to be "earned".

The teacher is no longer respected because he is the Teacher and therefore entitled to respect, even if you dislike him. The same goes for Policemen and anybody in authority.

You respect the position, not the person. That obviously goes not apply in personal relationships, though I doubt if anyone would be friends with someone they do not respect.

Sponsored Links
So, what you are saying is that these parents behaved the way they did because they spent their youth on the internet. I see :rolleyes:

As for the charge that kids don't go out and play as much as they used to, do you not think that is partly due to the media's successful hyping up of dreadful cases of abductions and paedophilia which has made us, the parents, overly protective? Ironically (and within the constraints of the last sentence), having spent a lot of my life working on the sterotypical breeding ground for chavs (joe-90 will spell it out for you if you ask him), it is children on these estates who do actually play out proportionately more:confused: So how does that fit into your model?

Once again, you misquote me, and blame someone else, do you actually READ the posts? No I don't think that parents are keeping their kids indoors, because of the media, computers are. Did WE have access to the internet when we were 7? I didn't, So if a 7 year old in net savvy now, what will they be like when they are 17. STOP Flaming me, and STOP misquoting me, what is it that you have against me? That's at least the 4th time now.

So, what you are saying is that these parents behaved the way they did because they spent their youth on the internet. I see :rolleyes:

As for the charge that kids don't go out and play as much as they used to, do you not think that is partly due to the media's successful hyping up of dreadful cases of abductions and paedophilia which has made us, the parents, overly protective? Ironically (and within the constraints of the last sentence), having spent a lot of my life working on the sterotypical breeding ground for chavs (joe-90 will spell it out for you if you ask him), it is children on these estates who do actually play out proportionately more:confused: So how does that fit into your model?

Once again, you misquote me, and blame someone else, do you actually READ the posts? No I don't think that parents are keeping their kids indoors, because of the media, computers are. Did WE have access to the internet when we were 7? I didn't, So if a 7 year old in net savvy now, what will they be like when they are 17. STOP Flaming me, and STOP misquoting me, what is it that you have against me? That's at least the 4th time now.
If you had read the opening post by Conny, you will have read that this thread was about the appalling behaviour of the parents. One can only assume that your post:
Kids have no discipline these days, as they have no order. They text, or facebook, but don't go out to 'play', they have no order, or anyone to control them, as they use the interweb as their resource. Their parents leave them alone in this activity, and have no idea what their kids are doing.

What happened to kids should be seen and not heard? The interweb destroys that, so that they are heard, but not seen, ban all kids from their playing crap tunes on the bus on their phones, to internet access.

The internet is adult business, kids not allowed. If there is one person here with a 10 year old with access to a computer, then I dread to think what horrors they will come out with in another 10 years, for the info on the web, as it skews their reality.
was explaining why these parents behaved the way they did (after all this was a trip for young children, which does allow for the parents to be of an age when access to the internet was available, if it's of any relevance). As I also pointed out, the evidence I have is that it is children who play out more than those who spend a lot of time on the computers tend to be the ones who get involved in acts of antisocial behaviour, contrary to what you are saying.

As for your paranoia, I'm sorry you feel that way. If my comments upset you, then feel free to ignore me. I have nothing against you, but if your arguments don't hold up to scrutiny then I reserve the right to question them.

So I'm not misquoting anyone, nor blaming anyone We have happily sucked up the fright stories given to us by the media, and "wrapped" our kids up closer than before.

I have read everything on this thread (your own comments suggest that it is you that hasn't). Whether your erratic and irrational emotional outbursts are alcohol, drug or depression induced is of little concern to me.

I too have noticed the breakdown not only in schools but in society as a whole in my old school which had a high standard but over the last 10-15 years has dropped but not only with the children failing and could not give a monkeys it is also the parents who have sometimes turned up totally blind drunk that the headmaster had to refuse to let the children go home with them also one time two mothers were actually fighting outside the school and its just accepted , every city/town has become the same and go into any of them on a fri/sat and its the same problem

I too have noticed the breakdown not only in schools but in society as a whole in my old school which had a high standard but over the last 10-15 years has dropped but not only with the children failing and could not give a monkeys it is also the parents who have sometimes turned up totally blind drunk that the headmaster had to refuse to let the children go home with them also one time two mothers were actually fighting outside the school and its just accepted , every city/town has become the same and go into any of them on a fri/sat and its the same problem
10-15 years coincides with the introduction of "Social Inclusion" - with laudable "aims" but which was entirely a cost-cutting exercise, and has had very unfortunate side-effects.

Sponsored Links
Back