Weighing kids at school

And the skinny ones will spend months chained up, being force fed foie gras style.
I think I'd rather go quick!
Mmm, fois gras, Delish. I'm 5'-11" and weigh 12st 6lb, having trimmed down from a couple of lb under 13 at Christmas. Do I qualify for the stylish fois gras diet?

Sponsored Links
It's heigh and weight.

The cost and effort of doing it would be better used educating people about food or even going towards healthy food in the school. Sending letters saying 'your fat kid is fat' or 'your thin kid isn't fat' is just stating the obvious.

How overweight am I?

According to the NHS I need to loose between 10 and 30kgs!!!!!

IMG_0096.PNG

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm about 20 stone and the nurse at the GP's practice was giving me a lecture so I asked how much I should weigh. 12.5 stone she said. There's no chance of that so I gave up.

No one took this word out of your mouth, I think you took it from a child's txt vocabulary....

Grow up and ditch the txt spk FFS m8.
ROFL...are you being humerous....or just thick??????.m8?

Child obesity is common these days but so is adult obesity. I see young women built like shotputters pushing a couple of umpah-lumpahs in the pushchair with a couple of weebles waddling behind puffing and panting. The thing is these fat birds really think they are gorgeous. They wear black 'mini' dresses (i.e. tank tarpaulins) into town with backsides on them like looking at a pair of Siamese twins with one head.

There was a very large lad who's surname was indeed Large at my school in the early 70's. Every Monday morning we had cross-country and Largey without fail would vom his breakfast up all over the pavement whilst he was being chased by our sadistic games teacher (ex-army PT instructor called Goodwin who was an utter bar steward). Largey's lunch box was more akin to a trough with enough scoff to feed a platoon (two packets of crisps, a Topic bar AND a Cadbury's Bar Six on top of his sarnies).

What is really scary is that major outlets such as Asda now sell kids clothes in 'fat kid' sizes.

Owd Goodwin that I knew left this earth in the 80's. He smoked fifty untipped fags a day, had yellow fingers and wore an old 1960's style nylon tracksuit that was dirty yellow (to match his fingers I presume) with two white stripes down the sides of the arms and legs with unidentifiable stains. During cross country he had a sawn off cricket bat (eight inches of bat sawn off but keeping the handle) which he wore in his belt like a firemans axe. If you weren't putting in the effort he would bang your backside with it to make you run faster. Poor Largey got chased and whacked most Monday mornings.

A mate of mine at school called Marshall came to school one Monday morning excitedly telling me that he'd met this really fit girl in town on Saturday (kids used to hang around the record shops) and she was 'up for it'. She'd said for him to meet her in town the next Saturday and they could go to her mum and dads house who would be away all that day. So at home time on friday I bid Marshall 'good luck' and instructed him to tell me all the gory details Monday morning.

Monday morning I couldn't wait to see Marshall and hear what happened. It transpires that yes this bird did meet him in town, and yes they did get the bus back to her parents house. He was snogging her on the sofa trying to undo her bra with one hand when a car pulled up on the drive. She said her mum and dad were back early so Marshall re-arranged himself on the sofa. He heard the front door open and the dog barking. Next minute in walks Mr. Goodwin the games teacher who shouted 'Marshall what are you doing with my daughter?!'

I still laugh about it now.

Im not sure govt education is the whole answer...Look at the lengths the govt have gone to in arradicating smoking...and so many thick f...ers still take it up or carry on...

We're going the same way as America. Watch an American TV show.....Friends, NCIS and how many fat people are there? None.

Go to America though and reality is very different. Every second person is massive. The cops particularly are ALL massively overweight and couldn't chase after a villain on foot to save their lives. I've been to America a few times and there's shotputters everywhere.

Food has never been as cheap as it is now. A roast chicken used to be a luxury food item that you might have on a sunday. Now you can eat chicken every day if you want it's so cheap. Takeaways were not so common years ago. I had my first Chinese takeaway when I was 18 and kebab at 20. I can't remember pizzas being for sale when I was nipper.

OMFG my games master was ALSO an ex-army PT instructor

Consider yourself lucky; my father was a PT instructor in the army. He went to backhand my face one day, and I was quick enough to duck backwards. The blow continued, made contact with the banister rails (square ones) and broke them.

As to your wight 1990, losing 10Kg would bring you down to a BMI of 25, but the crap of the system, is that it makes no difference between a man and a women, and as men have more muscles (which throws the BMI scale off), then you're not far out. At the end of the day, how do you feel about yourself - and what does the missus think more importantly - but at your age, you are heading in the wrong direction, as I know only too well.

Sponsored Links
Back