Weighing kids at school

Sponsored Links
Doesn't this labelling of kids , esp. girls, encourage eating disorders ?

Funny thing is you didn't see many fat concentration camp victims even those with hormonal imbalance. Wonder why.......o_O

No, but I don't think we are talking about fat- at least originally.

It was about a little girl who is not as thin as she would like to be.
Perhaps as thin as she would like to be would not be advisable.

There are skinny people and stocky people.

This landlord in the other thread
upload_2017-3-29_21-2-41.png

If he ate less, he'd never be like David Tennant

upload_2017-3-29_21-4-42.png

Sponsored Links
Funny thing is you didn't see many fat concentration camp victims even those with hormonal imbalance. Wonder why.......o_O

I love finding people to add to my ignore list... another annoying waste of space member bye noseall :D

If she was proper little fat thing, it would be obvious for all to see so why the need to weigh?
Because schools are the number one best possible location to gather data on nearly every child in the country, quickly and efficiently. And big data drives policy. Big data saves lives.
It's not like she was paraded in front of the school assembly is it? (I remember being weighed in school)

No they wouldn't.

I, and my brother, could never end up like that landlord - he may be descended from neanderthals and not the maasai.

On the plus side, (no pun intended) when the Aliens invade . . . they'll eat the fat ones first.
And the skinny ones will spend months chained up, being force fed foie gras style.
I think I'd rather go quick!

I just went swimming with the kids and there are scales there.

I weigh 13.5 stone which is a little over 85kg and I'm 5ft 10.

You're a slightly overweight, but not serious. I think some people here don't appreciate that most children around puberty can differ wildly; but as you've already got a daughter that changed and grew slim, then it's more than likely that the second one will as well. In todays social media society, any girl that isn't obviously heading to be a model, is bound to be insecure, but I'd like to know why the schools sending out letters at her age. Sounds like more knee jerk reaction to the govenments obesity strategy.

And whilst I'll agree with the general rule of calories in and excersie reversing that, everyones different. Ain't nature grand, and diverse.

Talking of height, Iis the kids school weigh-in just weight? Is height taken as a factor?

Sponsored Links
Back