Why kids have no respect.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 4 year old grand daughter went on a day trip to Chester Zoo last Wednesday. Most parents went on the hired bus but my daughter, along with a few other parents used their own cars so they could leave/stay when ever they felt like. Once at the zoo all parents were allowed to 'go their own way' during the day but had to be back at the bus by the specified time or it would leave without them. Quite rightly so.
So, my daughter, her partner and their 2 children go in their car, their friends and their 2 children go in their car and they all have a lovely day out. On going to nursery on the Thursday they start to hear 'stories' about certain parents.
Friday every parent in the nursery/infants school receive a letter from the headmaster detailing what happened on the trip.
It appears that travelling there on the bus some parents were using foul language to try and control their offspring. Once they got to the zoo some parents were offloading their children on to the teachers/carers saying they weren't up to walking around all day. They then went and spent the day drinking booze and shop lifting before getting back on the bus where once again they were foul mouthed and abusive to anyone who, again, tried to remonstrate with them.
It makes me sick to think the only punishment the headmaster can give these 'parents' is to ban them from the schoolyard and have their children brought out to them. :evil:
Future 'doleites' in the making without a shadow of doubt.
The stall holders at the zoo apparently didn't press charges as they got the goods returned. I would have still prosecuted the scum!
My wife and her brothers and sisters went to that very same school, as did our 2 children. The school is fantastic, has a very high reputation and is eagerly sought after by parents. Now scum like this bring it into disrepute because of their selfish/mindless attitude.
It makes my blood boil! :evil:

Sponsored Links
It was good for the monkeys at the zoo to observe how far they have evolved beyond the chavs you refer to ;)

The sad thing is the abusive thieving parents, see no wrong in their actions, they probably had parents who were the same.
You are quite right, the youngsters will grow up in exactly the same way, and it's a pity that these morons have brought the name of the school into disrepute, it always seems to be the minority who spoil it for others.
Exclude these parents from future trips? then I suppose the kids will suffer.
No easy solution educating riff raff, with no sense of moral values.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
These parents will no doubt have passed through the education system during Tony Blair's premiership - so blame new Labour ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Exclude these parents from future trips? then I suppose the kids will suffer.

He has said the parents will be excluded however the children will not be.
They will be looked after by a registered carer who works in the school. The addendum was, that if the child(ren) of these people showed signs of behaving in this way they would be monitored very closely and necessary action taken.
(Read into that what you may.)

The biggest problem I see with kids these days , stems back to the late 70's early 80's. The laws concerning schoolkids changed then. Teachers were no longer allowed to mete out almost any kind of punishment, children had "rights".
I always reckon that with rights come responsibilities. People and children who don't accept these responsibilities should forgo their rights.
I'd be the first to admit that I wanted my kids lives to be a bit easier than my own life, but mine were always taught to respect their elders and the law.

The so called Do Gooders in society have won the day and now we reap the benefit of their apparent wisdom. Feral youths roam our towns and cities cocking a snook at authority and the law.
I worked as a caretaker in a local school for a year. The kids were quite literally out of control. If one passed you in the corridor and called you a f'in b****rd or worse, you just had to grit your teeth and ignore it. I wasn't even allowed to say anything to them if they called me that or worse. I'm sure the headteacher read the Guardian every day, as he could see no wrong with the kids, even when they smashed all the windows in a classroom or literally wrecked a teachers car.
The only time I saw any semblance of discipline was when 2 kids (one white and one Asian) climbed up on the roof of the school. The parents were called and the Asian lad's mother came up the driveway shouting at him in Urdu / Hindi. He climbed down and got a right good slapping off his mother, all the way home. The white lad's parents wanted to know why the school could let him get on the roof and put him in danger of falling off. etc. Bloody idiots.

Kids have no discipline these days, as they have no order. They text, or facebook, but don't go out to 'play', they have no order, or anyone to control them, as they use the interweb as their resource. Their parents leave them alone in this activity, and have no idea what their kids are doing.

What happened to kids should be seen and not heard? The interweb destroys that, so that they are heard, but not seen, ban all kids from their playing crap tunes on the bus on their phones, to internet access.

The internet is adult business, kids not allowed. If there is one person here with a 10 year old with access to a computer, then I dread to think what horrors they will come out with in another 10 years, for the info on the web, as it skews their reality.

If there is one person here with a 10 year old with access to a computer, then I dread to think what horrors they will come out with in another 10 years, for the info on the web, as it skews their reality.

Quite seriously, a mate of mine went to his son's nursery school's, parents evening some 4 or 5 years ago. (his son was 4 at the time).
The people at the nursery school were worried that his ability to use IT equipment was below standard. !!!!
He removed his son from this nursery within the week and took him to another one. The original nursery couldn't understand why. !!!!!!

PS, when I was a caretaker, I happened to be in the IT department one day when a kid was asking, "how do I get to such and such a site?"
The teacher told the lad to type in the address he wanted to go to, and the kid typed in his actual home address (Complete with postcode) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Kids have no discipline these days, as they have no order. They text, or facebook, but don't go out to 'play', they have no order, or anyone to control them, as they use the interweb as their resource. Their parents leave them alone in this activity, and have no idea what their kids are doing.

What happened to kids should be seen and not heard? The interweb destroys that, so that they are heard, but not seen, ban all kids from their playing crap tunes on the bus on their phones, to internet access.

The internet is adult business, kids not allowed. If there is one person here with a 10 year old with access to a computer, then I dread to think what horrors they will come out with in another 10 years, for the info on the web, as it skews their reality.

not all kids are the same, but i do agree the internet and the hugh amount of dross on tv (especially the american garbage) does have a major influenence. The biggest influence is peer pressure from other kids and you cant be there 24 hours a day for it. Theres also that thing called being a teenager!

So, what you are saying is that these parents behaved the way they did because they spent their youth on the internet. I see :rolleyes:

As for the charge that kids don't go out and play as much as they used to, do you not think that is partly due to the media's successful hyping up of dreadful cases of abductions and paedophilia which has made us, the parents, overly protective? Ironically (and within the constraints of the last sentence), having spent a lot of my life working on the sterotypical breeding ground for chavs (joe-90 will spell it out for you if you ask him), it is children on these estates who do actually play out proportionately more:confused: So how does that fit into your model?

So, what you are saying is that these parents behaved the way they did because they spent their youth on the internet. I see :rolleyes:

As for the charge that kids don't go out and play as much as they used to, do you not think that is partly due to the media's successful hyping up of dreadful cases of abductions and paedophilia which has made us, the parents, overly protective? Ironically (and within the constraints of the last sentence), having spent a lot of my life working on the sterotypical breeding ground for chavs (joe-90 will spell it out for you if you ask him), it is children on these estates who do actually play out proportionately more:confused: So how does that fit into your model?

no wasnt talking about the parents and i certainly didnt mention children on council estates. I spent a lot of time working on crap council estates in my old career and ive ccertainly seen the best of people on them. My point was that there are a lot of influences on children these days and many of them arent good, let alone what the parents are like.

Sorry Thermo - I should have quoted. It was Mickeymoody's post I was referring to. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back