Mears Heating Calculator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody explain to me how I get the radiator output in btu, from the room heat requirement in btu, using the Mear's calculator, on the instruction manual page 5 it shows a temperature difference of 108f , I did try using their example's page 8 just could not get same figure. some assistance truly welcolme.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No only do they work in outdated units that we dont use now but they are usually seriously over sized ( like 20% ).

I would always recommend the whole house method which seems more accurate.

Tony

I expect he is quoting a Mear's booklet and that refers to the differential between mean rad temp and the room.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I expect he is quoting a Mear's booklet and that refers to the differential between mean rad temp and the room.
If, so that's a very low differential. Rads specs are based on a 50°C differential. A 1kw rad (75/65/20) will reduce in output to 800w (67/57/20). So you would have to install a 1250W rad to give the 1000w actually wanted. This would explain the 20%+ oversizing that you mentioned earlier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back