Media Training Suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to install a media training suite for a charity i am involved in. Mainly for the prohibitive cost of what most organisations want to charge.

Luckily, the set up is quite simple.

Projector
Screen
Cabinetry
PC (which will run DVD/presentations etc)
Laptop line

Is this something within the remit of a few technical and competent DIY-ers?

Also, would one need an AMP to feed the speakers mounted in the room?

Ta.

Sponsored Links
I would say as its for charity you don't go balls out on expensive gear. Its certainly within the realms of capability imho.
Skip on over to AVforums and pose the same question. You should get plenty of help. There are also pictorial threads of home cinema developments so you can see what is possible to achieve from a diy perspective.

Good luck! :)

Yeah relatively easy to set up to be honest with you, I know some manufacturers do kits, should you want an easy to wire faceplate with various inputs for PC, composite, audio etc.

Yeah you will need an amp for the speakers unless you decide to go down the powered route, where the amplifier is built into each individual speaker.

If you plan to mount the projector and screen on the ceiling, mount the screen first, and then play around with distances, the last thing you want to do is find out that you have the projector too close, or too far away.

To be honest, the cost will depend on how involved and how neat you want the cabling and what not to be. I work in AV so I'm speaking from experience when I say that you tend to pay for the finish of the job, and fishing cables through walls is a hell of a lot more time consuming than simply hiding them with a bit of self adhesive trunking !!

Give me a shout if you need help / suggestions, should go together relatively easily !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back