Medion Desktop PC, Any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was looking at this and was wondering if its big improvement on what I already have and worth the money.
I do find my existing PC a bit slow when multiple programs are running, its probably a bit outdated now.

My Existing Setup ( excluding burners, MMC etc), initially purchased for £350 in December 2006 :-

AMD sempron AM2 3400 (1800 MHz)
4 Gig Ram ( I added 2Gb extra but didnt do much TBH )
I'm running XP home, dont know if windows 7 is any better?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Remember to add about £100 for a new wide screen 19" monitor.
http://tinyurl.com/yc5uuue
No good having a new computer and an old monitor.

The spec is good, considering what you already have, and you will certainly notice a difference between a 3 year old XP and Windows 7.

3 years warranty and a decent (English speaking) help line.

I like the idea of the 'hot swap' HD panels, like having an external HD without having the leads.

dave

Hi, Im ok for a monitor as i put my Pc through the TV.
Thanks for your input, just want to make sure its a half decent deal.

I've got a Medion. It's about 1 year old. Got it in Sainsbury's.
Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK. Model P5GC-MX
2Gb ram.
My girlfriend has one too and they've both been no trouble at all and were good value for money too.

Sponsored Links
Was one a game developer forum where this was being discussed, and the general consensus is that it's a good deal. One poster bought a stack of Medions (not these ones) for his dev studio, and was pleased with them.

Some of the older models from Aldi have been having problems where a de-frag seems to burn out mother board. The 3 year guarantee although allowing you to return seems to be very slow. I lent my daughter my Lap top for nearly three months while it was being repaired.

It seems Aldi management are not amused and moves are afoot to correct the slow service so I would not blame Aldi for problem.

But as a result I would be wary of Medion.

Also had problems with TV of same make and it will not re-tune to new free view channels.

Ah well it wasn't to be, the local store only had 3 for sale that were all sold before the shop opened.
People had been queuing since 7.30am (doors open at 9) and the staff took their names and "booked them".
Never mind there's plenty places selling PC's, Im not desperate just thought it was worth upgrading at that price.

Cheers

Did you ask WHEN they will be getting some more in because they will.
Aldi in Preston had a couple on the shelves when we were in on Wednesday.

dave

I left my contact details with a member of staff who said he'd contact me "IF" they got another delivery.
I'll not be holding my breath though, I got the impression he was just doing that to fob people/myself off.
But I'll wait and see.

Cheers

Jon,
A quick phone call tomorrow should possibly get some better information.
You can bet that if they want to sell these computers, they will find a branch with one and get it sent to your local branch for you to pick up.

From their web site:

Contact Us

If you have a corporate or general enquiry write to us at:

Aldi Stores, Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2SQ

Or telephone 0844 406 8800

dave

Jon,
A quick phone call tomorrow should possibly get some better information.
You can bet that if they want to sell these computers, they will find a branch with one and get it sent to your local branch for you to pick up.

From their web site:

Contact Us

If you have a corporate or general enquiry write to us at:

Aldi Stores, Holly Lane, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2SQ

Or telephone 0844 406 8800

dave

Ah thats worth a shout! I'll give them a bell on monday ( I phoned the number just now just to see the opening times and they are shut all weekend)

Cheers Dave I'll let you know how I get on

Sponsored Links
Back