Megaflo and a samll red tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've read lots about the megaflo unit, but I have a small, round red tank attached just above my Megaflo unit. On it is a small pressure gauge that used to read about 4bar, and is now on almost zero. Is this the time to do the fabled airgap recharge as described so carefully?

Also, we seem to regularly get loads of air in our radiators that I constantly bleed. Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
red vessel should be on heating side, pressure normally 1bar cold
air could be due to gassing, no inhibitor in system or not flushed when new, or both

an unvented cylinder should not have a red expansion vessel fitted to it , this is the wrong type for potable water.Maybe to vessel you see is not attached to the megaflow but is for your radiators which would explain the gugling sound
normally this is between 1 to 2 bar not 4 bar

Megaflo has its own built in air gap, so as said this is your heating system EV. Charge to just over 1Bar cold

Sponsored Links
Megaflo has its own built in air gap, so as said this is your heating system EV. Charge to just over 1Bar cold

That is all very well.

But what happened to the 3bar pressure relief valve Is it not working or non-existent.

I think we should have more info on this and where/how it connected

Thank you to all. Seems there may be a confusion here. Is it possible to post photos on this forum so I can show the connections etc?? My worry is that the pressure gauge used to read much higher, and the green area on the gauge indicates a pressure of 1.6 and 3 bar. Will the pressure drop because I have to keep bleeding the radiators, and if so, how do I re-gain the pressure. It now reads only 0.2 bar and I am very worried something is just about to stop working.
The system was totally drained for a while just before we bought the house a year ago, and when it was re-filled, it had the anti-scaling liquid added.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back