megaflo hot water running out/cold

Sponsored Links
are you sure its 600 litres ? if your not sure post the dimensions.

you would be suprised how long it takes to heat a large cylinder from cold with a immersion.

if at all possilbe you should heat from the bottom, this heats the whole cylinder and not just the top.

also try turning the stat up a bit, as if its too low it will cycle off and on before the tank is fully heated.

are you sure its heating over night and the economy 7 is working?

if you are leaving the top immersion on all the time, why dont u just leave the bottom on all the time?

I wish we could leave bottom imersion on or atleast have the option to switch it on, but unfortunately this part is connected to economy 7 and i have no way of activating it except when it comes on itself through the night. I'm assuming this must be working because there is hot water when just this part is on and not the boost.

Someone did suggest turning stat right up but i was worried it might result in someone being scolded because when the hot water does come through at times it is very hot, I think the guy left it at 3 or 4, out of possible 5!

I will measure the tank next time I am there as its not very helpful to not know the size! Everyone seems to think it is a big tank though, and on looking at some of the problems on here I did notice the other day when I was there that the water wasn't coming through constantly hot downstairs, but when i tried tap upstairs there was much more coming through.

Very confusing!

Sponsored Links
the only way you can tell if the cylinder is fully heated, is to feel the tapings or pipes at the bottom of the cylinder.

if its still cool or cold at the bottom, the tank isnt fully heating.

our tank is a fairly small tank, with one lower immersion and it takes about 7 hours to fully heat the tank.

having baths is a killer for hot water. i tihnk we can get two full hot baths from our tank and thats it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back