Megaflo - Initial pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Megaflo DD210 in my 3rd floor flat (10yrs old).

The Megaflo only supplies hot water to taps, bath & showers as the flat has archaic storage heating!

The lower heating element (main?)failed approximately 4yrs ago & was replaced.

More recently a pressure problem has developed. When I open a hot water tap first thing in the morning the water flows then stops & then flows again, but it does not gush out as it did previously. For the rest of the day or when getting home in the evening this drop off does not happen, but the pressure is not as great as it was.

This may just be coincidence but a while before this pressure issue developed I did notice small deposits of debris in the bathroom basin when running the hot tap, the debris was black & oxidised copper (blue/green) in colour & bet described as swarf/filings in size.

I have asked the local water authority if there is a known local pressure problem, they say there isn't.

Any pointers are gladly welcome.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back