Megaflo recharging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had water dripping rapidly out the overflow 'outside' the house for a few days....prior to this the pressure relief valve was running so i assumed the megaflo needed charging as not been done for around a year....

I've followed the instructions on the megaflo as follows;

I've turned the cold water/lever off at the combination valve but when i turn the hot tap on in the bathroom next door to boiler, there is nothing coming out? Also no water running through the valve...is this correct or does it mean the tank has now emptied itself due to the overflow running?

Should the Boiler be switched off whilst charging?

Sponsored Links
Have had water dripping rapidly out the overflow 'outside' the house for a few days....prior to this the pressure relief valve was running so i assumed the megaflo needed charging as not been done for around a year....

I've followed the instructions on the megaflo as follows;

I've turned the cold water/lever off at the combination valve but when i turn the hot tap on in the bathroom next door to boiler, there is nothing coming out? Also no water running through the valve...is this correct or does it mean the tank has now emptied itself due to the overflow running?

Should the Boiler be switched off whilst charging?

Forgot to mention that the megaflo is situated on the ground floor next to bathroom

You are doing it correctly there wont be water coming out of the tap with the cold water inlet closed but you need to manually open the pressure releif valve untill it stops letting water out can take a fair while , will go silent when it has emptied

Cheers, gone through the process again and as soon as i closed off cold water inlet, only 2seconds of water ran out of tap but none from pressure valve.
Anyway, seems to have done the trick as dripping has stopped outside.
Due for a service so will get it checked out properly.

Sponsored Links
the water wont run out unless you manually open the PRV , if it is due a service get it done with someone who is G3 certified and you should be fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back