Megaflo & Secondary Circulation System Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I've got a Megaflo tank with a Secondary Circulation System for ensuring I always have instant hot water. The water moving through the pipes is really noisy.

It is not the pump that is noisy, and nor do I believe it is because 22mm pipe is connected to 15mm pipe at some point (which is what some info I've read suggests). The reason I am sure of this is that I turned the pump off for a year due to the noise, and have then turned it on 5 months ago when my wife gave birth and is at home all the time. For the first 3 month there was no noise.

Gradually it has become very noisy again. To me it sounds like there could be air in the system.

I tried draining the megaflo down to re-estbalish the airgap, but I'm not sure it worked properly, as that made no difference at all.

I've tried putting the pump on and turning all the hot water taps off, then turning the cold water off at the mains to see if that purges the air (in case it is air), and that did no good.

Have anyone got any ideas what is causing the noise and how to fix it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back