Megaflo water heater - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo water heater that is no longer producing hot water. The water started running cold from the kitchen hot tap earlier than expected yesterday (i.e. before I'd have expected the hot water to have been used up), and was cold again this morning.

Before the thermostat was replaced a couple of years ago, the unit at least produced lukewarm water for a while, whereas now the water is completely cold so I'm thinking it may not be the thermostat again.

I've also noticed that the boost light doesn't light up on the timeswitch when the Boost timer is activated.

As far as I can work out, the problem is likely to be either faulty heating elements or a faulty timeswitch, and in view of the boost light issues I'm leaning towards the latter as the issue.

Does that sound like the likely problem to you guys?

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
Have you check the MCB or RCD on consumer unit for water heater has not tripped?

Is it 2 immersion heaters?

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back