Megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi wandering if anyone can help!!
Have a megaflo (model dd210) and my water keeps going cold, or the fact that some days i have no hot water at all!!! The boiler is electric and i have economy 7 heating and im not sure if it is all connected together as i have no clue. The electric company says the heater is turned on at 10.30pm - 12.30 and then again at 2.30 - 7.30am and this is not the case. I have to keep reseting the red sqaure on the thermostat (bottom tank as i have 2) but doesnt seem to make any difference!!! I have phoned repeatadly heatre sadia and they dont seem to have any clue about this problem!!
Could it be that i may have to change the thermostat on it or could it be something to do with the electrics???
The boiler is only five years old!! and can only get a shower and a half when there is hot water!!!!
Would be grateful if anyone could help me out on this one

Sponsored Links
Its not a boiler! Its a hot water cylinder!

I cannot get any information wrom what you have said and think you need a competent engineer to visit to advise you. That will cost some money!

Tony

sorry my hot water cylinder!!! im not very experienced in technical issues!!!!

I have to keep reseting the red sqaure on the thermostat (bottom tank as i have 2)
can only get a shower and a half when there is hot water!!

I think I have made some sense of it

You dont have 2 tanks but 2 immersion heaters.

The lower immersion heater has a fault, either on a stat or the immersion heater itself.

You need a plumber with an unvented ticket to sort this out.

If you are tempted to try and bypass a stat you risk making a

bomb out of your megaflo so leave this job for someone who is qualified.

Another thing is that this tank if its electrically heated has a recovery time of about 3 hours IIRC so with a decent flow rate at your shower you could be struggling to get more than a shower and a half if people like to spend ages in there.

Sponsored Links
many thanks for your help, yes i do have 2 immersion heaters.
will be phoning for a plumber tomorrow

Unfortunately Heatrea now owned by Baxi, hence why you get no help when you 'phone :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back