Megaflow and Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can somebody tell me whether the central heating radiators are under pressure when the system comprises of an unvented cylinder, like a megaflow, or is it separate?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

Thanks Mickyg. Just as I thought. I had also just seen a post on another thread sort of confirming this.

Does this mean the CH system will be vented with header tank etc?

Thanks again for your quick response.

It depends if you have open vented boiler or sealed system and if its a direct or indirect system .
Your question is a bit vague,what are you planning to do?

Sponsored Links
It depends if you have open vented boiler or sealed system and if its a direct or indirect system .
Your question is a bit vague,what are you planning to do?

Just changing a couple of radiator valves for a friend. I am familiar with combis and unvented indirect systems, as I have installed lots of rad before. Never had to drain down a system with a megaflow. That's why I wondered if the rad system was pressurised, like a combi system.

Thanks.

It may or it may not be pressurised!

I dont think you have sufficient experience to be doing that kind of task safely.

If you got it wrong you could face a claim for a lot of damage!

Do you have insurance cover?

Tony

It may or it may not be pressurised!

I dont think you have sufficient experience to be doing that kind of task safely.

If you got it wrong you could face a claim for a lot of damage!

Do you have insurance cover?

Tony

Thanks for your concern Tony. I am a capable guy, have done lots of plumbing on different systems, but have not worked on a megaflo system before. Have worked on combi systems and vented indirect systems plenty of times, so rest assured I will not be pumping the system up till it bursts! Just wanted to know if the heating system would be pressurised like the unvented hot water system.

Thanks anyway.

Some BG engineers thought they were capable, over 20 years in their trade etc.

They managed to leave a Powermax boiler unsafe and the lady tenant was killed by CO poisoning!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back