Megaflow CL170 - Cold water warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Megaflow CL170 hot water system. When I run the cold tap warm water comes out for quite a long time. When it eventually runs cold it is still not as cold as I think it should be. Any ideas as to what the problem is ?[

Sponsored Links
Mixer tap letting by or possible hot and cold pipes very close and your getting heat transferance......doubt that one tho.

Does it happen out of every cold tap or just one?

How long have you been getting hot water from your cold taps.

Since the cylinder was installed or only recently? has anything be altered or "repaired" on the system. Are there any other symptoms ie: running at the tundish. Is the clod fill to the cylinder hot?

Sponsored Links
We have recently moved to the property and it has always been like this.
Is the tundish the plastic bowl with open sides with copper pipes each end ? If it is then there is no sign of any water dripping. Is there a non return valve that could be faulty and letting the hot water into the cold water system ? I have never come across this type of system before.

I think that the inlet is the one that has a blue disc on the cylinder, if this is the case then this pipe is warm. I have talked to the tech department at Magaflow and they think it is the Cold water combination valve at fault. Do you agree with their diagnoses ? I also believe that the plumber will have to be specially qualified. What qualification should he/she have?

It would seem to be the most likely as you have hot water expanding back through the cold feed. The non return valve is in the combination valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back