A thermal store/heat bank is what you need. :idea:
And scrap the unvented cylinder.
Then no discharge needed. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
A thermal store/heat bank is what you need. :idea:
And scrap the unvented cylinder.
Then no discharge needed. :mrgreen:

You behave yourself!

Drivel spends all day searching the internet for mention of T****** S******. If you post the T S words it attracts him like flies to a turd.

7 or 8 quotes for an unvented cylinder install?

No wonder this country is in a recession. And then you bent over the lucky man, and called his professionalism into question on this forum.

Meanwhile the 7 unsuccessful contractors have wasted a few hours each (eg 14 hrs in total) and a load of diesel.

Sponsored Links
Not really sure what I've done wrong here. It's a big job so got lots of quotes to make sure I wasn't getting my pants pulled down. Told every one of them that I'm getting loads of quotes and they all said that was wise due to size of project. Seems that was justified as 50% of them didnt even bother returning a quote. Recession......????

The company I went with was in the middle so chose the one that seemed best able to answer my questions.

He agreed to the price so don't see why that's a reason to cut corners. Judging by some of the responses on here it seems I should expect a lesser job because I haggled for a lower price?

Anyway, I started this thread because I wanted to know if what I've had installed is correct or not. i.e. have any G3 installers here been on a course recently to say that the regs have changed.

Onetap has answered your question very well.

And so that you know, there are plenty of installers on here giving free advise who are fed up with being "screwed" on prices. Perhaps that's where your 50% of non-quoters went to?

Its incorrect. If the basin and megaflo connections are combined its incorrect. Get him back in to sort it.

Anyway, I started this thread because I wanted to know if what I've had installed is correct or not. i.e. have any G3 installers here been on a course recently to say that the regs have changed.

You've got the link to the current regulations, read them and see what you think. It's not rocket science.

The lack of sympathy is because most of those who have replied have probably had lots of jobs in which they've invested time and effort in assembling a quotation and then had the customers trying to chisel the price down because of (mythical?) lower quotes, made up faults, non-existent defects and damages, extra-works without extra-costs, 'It worked alright before you touched it', 'While you're here, can you just....'etc., etc. ad nauseam.

But yes, it should be to the G3 regulations; if he agreed the price, he should do the job.

You've got the link to the current regulations, read them and see what you think. It's not rocket science.

The lack of sympathy is because most of those who have replied have probably had lots of jobs in which they've invested time and effort in assembling a quotation and then had the customers trying to chisel the price down because of (mythical?) lower quotes, made up faults, non-existent defects and damages, extra-works without extra-costs, 'It worked alright before you touched it', 'While you're here, can you just....'etc., etc. ad nauseam.

But yes, it should be to the G3 regulations; if he agreed the price, he should do the job.

Well I know there are people out there like that but don't see why you're all giving me a volley. Clearly you think I'm one of those.

Anyway, I've got my answer so thanks for responses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back