Everything all looks ok inside the control panel

Ive check mains supply all ok

The dc transformer is giving out 18 volts
Does anybody have any ideas on the problem
Or the dc voltage the transformer should be putting out
18 volts seems abit high to me thought they was a 12 volt system

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
is it a transformer ( metal block ) or a power supply board ? if its a transformer most give out 15- 22v AC not dc .

Sponsored Links
Yeah all works ok on battery and on the mains just want to sort out the flashing mains led never done it over the last six years strange ive even disconnected all the power mains/batt to try reset but no difference

The mains led is flashing on the two remote keypads front and back door
But the mains led on the panel is on constant

I've been watching this thread for some time, hoping for an answer. And now I have found it myself. The keypad is very sensitive to power supply noise. I have had the the same flashing keypad power LED problem for quite some time. As a result of another fault, I needed to replace the main power supply electrolytic capacitor on the alarm motherboard. Mine was 2200 uF/25V. New problem solved and no more flashing power LED on the keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back