Melting microwave.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a 15 year old bosch combi oven /microwave, glass cover on the ceiling mounted stirrer is melting, the stirrer appears to have stopped moving, is this likely cause, is a replacement belt likely to fix.?

Sponsored Links
Personally I would chuck it at that age.
They can leak microwaves.

Very unlikely and I can't afford £700 for a replacement the week before xmas. :(

If the nameplate is still intact post the "E-number" so we can pin down the model.

Sponsored Links
If the nameplate is still intact post the "E-number" so we can pin down the model.
Alas 'e' number long since cremated.But found the manual and made a note of this HBN365GB04FD, can't be 100% sure but using this reference have purchased spares which have fitted.
I remember seeing a belt around the top fan and a motor pulley so suspect the rubber belt has perished.

Can't pull up a combo oven with that number. Plenty of HBN365 ovens but no combo's. Either it is too old or the E-number is wrong.
Give BSH a call & see if they can help you out, you never know. A lot of the old tech/spares info never made it to the digital age.

Just dismantled and belt is fine, thought it might then be the pulley gear but turned on an all works, but the clip on the top of the stirrer housing was just touching the top of the mount which was enough to stop the stirrer from moving, bent it a little and now working ok, just need to source a replacement glass stirrer cover as have a 10mm gap in it due to glass melting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back