microwave combi oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: Unfortunately the lady wife broke the glass in door to our panasonic microwave/combi oven. The glass shattered and appears to be Tempered glass. (it broke up like a car windscreen glass)The door is made up of three layers and inner glass panel, a wire grill, and the external glass (which is broken) I have discovered that a replacement is not available from the manufacturer, for the model we have. I have cleared all the shattered glass can I replace this with a piece of tempered glass bought locally??, or is the broken glass something more than it appears?9ie special properties involving microwaves? Hope so other wise have to scrap perfectly goo machine which cost a few bobs!!

Sponsored Links
Did you ask the manufacturers if it is feasible, I would have thought they were the only people qualified to say yes or no.

Tempered glass is cut then tempered, so to find a piece the size you want is very unlikely.
It is only tempered to stop the sharp shards if broken & the heat so you could use plain glass, but might crack due to heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back