memory speed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have an emachines 410, with 512mb of ram and i want to up this to 1 gig, the problem i have is finding the speed of the memory it already has. its got a 2.4 gig processor and 512 mb ddr and an 80 gig hard drive. i have looked on a couple of sites that let you select the make and model of pc to accertain the memory and mine isn't listed. anyone out there got any ideas of where i need to look?????
many thanks in advance to any help given

Richard

Sponsored Links
i've tried windows help and support "my computer information- hardware" and under the memory box it just says capacity 512mb, with no indication of speed

It might be shown on the POST screen at bootup, or you could look at the memory bus speed in the BIOS or there might be a label or part number on the memory module.

Download Sisoftsandra from sisoftware.net - this will tell you all about your system including memory speed.

MikeD

Sponsored Links
thanks, i ended up taking it out and down to the local pc shop in town and they gave me an identical one, only problem i now have is my total memory is 1024mb but my available memory is only 639mb

IF BY AVAILABLE MEMORY YOUR LOOKING ON TASK MANAGER THEN THAT SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, AVAILABLE MEMORY IS "FREE" MEMORY, PROGRAMS AND WINDOWS WILL BE USING THE 385Mb (you must have loads of programes backgrounding if you checked this after start up).

Hard to know what's normal! New laptop with not much clutter yet is showing 51 processes and 310Mb memory in use.

Back