Menvier TS400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am the unfortunate owner of a Menvier TS400 alarm and it gives me nothing but trouble. It goes off after power cuts (handy when you are away on holiday....) and is always showing tamper alarms that I can't clear. I want to shut the damn thing down completely but it even stpos me from doing that. If I stop mains power it still goes off inside the house, and if I also take out the battery, the outside alarm goes off......

Does anybody know how I can shut the thing down once and for all??

Sponsored Links
You need to remove the battery and mains from the panel AND the battery from the bell box outside.

The outside unit will shut up after 20mins typically...

Ear defenders and ladders - kill the outside unit. Then tackle the box inside.

I am the unfortunate owner of a Menvier TS400 alarm and it gives me nothing but trouble. It goes off after power cuts (handy when you are away on holiday....) and is always showing tamper alarms that I can't clear. I want to shut the damn thing down completely but it even stpos me from doing that. If I stop mains power it still goes off inside the house, and if I also take out the battery, the outside alarm goes off......

Does anybody know how I can shut the thing down once and for all??
Why not fix the problem?

I assume you spent good money on the system, why throw it away now?

First the simplest thing to do is to replace the old/faulty battery you have in the control panel.
The alarm activates every time you have a power cut because the battery is naff and the battery in your outside sounder takes over to warn there is a problem, it's just doing what it is designed to do.

The above is one of the greatest problems with DiY or non contract alarm systems, lack of knowledgeable servicing.

I've been in this business longer than I care to remember and can honestly say that duff batteries are picked up during servicing and replaced. A maximum of 5yrs for any alarm battery.

Replace as I say then let's see if we can sort out any problems that might occur, just come back to this Thread of yours and ask again, we're here to help.

By the way, the Menvier brand of control panel is a professional one, not DiY rubbish.

It never fails to amaze me at how many people will pay good money to have an alarm system professionally fitted, only to totally neglect it with regards to servicing. Any system, no matter how well it is installed will start to cause problems after 5 or 6 years if it's not maintained.

Either arrange for a competent alarm tech to come out and give it a service, or disconnect the bell box battery, power it down, and be thankful you've managed to avoid a hefty bill from your council's environmental health dept for breech of the noise pullution act!

Sponsored Links
Don't you just love all the pessimistic help, still, what ever floats your boat!!

All, thanks for your useful replies. I did indeed inherit it with the house, I didn't put it in and neglect it, but I don't want to enter into a contract with a service company due to cost.

Does anybody know roughly what a contract would cost?

It would certainly be cheaper to shut it down though!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back