TS400 Alarm - Factory reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have inherited a Menvier TS400 alarm when I bought a new house 2 years ago but do not know the code for the alarm system.

I managed to set the tamper alarm off by accident and with no user code I cannot turn it off, it has been driving me crazy!!

Can anyone advise how to turn it off without calling an alarm company, I cannot afford their call out fee and was wondering if there was anyway around this. Some of the posts suggested it would be min. £100 callout fee alone

I have removed the fuse from the mains in the hope the battery would eventually die and the tamper alarm would stop, no sign of it doing this yet after a few hours...

I don't have a manual but managed to track one down online and noticed there is a Factory reset pin to restore default settings, however the instructions that follow are for an initial power up. Does anyone know if I follow these instructions by shorting the pins with a screwdriver blade as suggested and use the default user codes of 5-6-7 Home and then the default engineer code of 1-2-3-4 Home turn the alarm off?

At present only the tamper alarm is sounding but I was worried about trying the above and setting the external alarm off should this not work?

I would really appreciate if anyone could offer any advice??

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back