Moved home TS 590 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've recently moved house tried to test the alarm system, but it turns out the code I was given does not work. On trying I've subsequently triggered RKP tamper alarm and also panel tamper alarm. I have no contact details for the previous occupants.

I found some info on this alarm and a way to reset the engineer code, but maintain the configuration - but I have no working codes. None of the default codes work. So I tried to default the engineer code as stated in the installation manual, but the tamper alarm on refuses to let me do this. Guessing it wont default until the tamper has been reset by valid user code?

I was wondering if I killed the power (AC and DC backup) and maybe taped the tamper trigger up in the panel up to prevent it registering on re-introducing the power, whether this would allow me to perform the engineer code reset? I really don't want to factory reset the system due to the number of zones I'd have to re-program and I can't really afford an engineer call out this week.

For the last 24 hours there have been 1 minute tamper alarm reminder chime and it's driving us mad lol! Any help via PM or otherwise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As I haven't received any responses and the alarm company that installed it didn't get back to me after calling them twice today, I managed to silence the system using my suggested trick with the panel panel. Unfortunately though the engineer code must be locked by the alarm company that haven't bothered to call me back.

Guessing my choices are very limited and may be forced to factory reset and re-program the system if the engineer code is locked.

Before I head down that route just thought I'd see what people's thoughts are on the TS590? I'd like to upgrade the RKP if possible to something that accepts tags/fobs? Was looking at the 690 but I'm not sure of the upgrade path from the current panel/RKP. Could someone please advise? Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back