Menvier TS 510 gone into tamper mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We were recently decorating our house when we took off one of the alarm sensors off the wall to paint behind and around it. The alarm went off and at the same time the power on the user control panel (in the passage) went off too. We then entered our pass code into the main control panel under the staircase which turned off the alarm ringing.

I now believe that the system has gone into tamper mode as there is a red light below it on the panel.

Is there anyway I can reset the system? I've read my user manual and have tried entering in the default engineer code, but this hasn't worked. Do I need to reset the system to its default factory settings?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mehul

Sponsored Links
it sounds like you have blown a fuse. doe the detector you took down still light up?

it sounds like you have blown a fuse. doe the detector you took down still light up?

Hey, thanks for getting back to me on this. The detector on the wall has no power, the other sensors in the house and the user panel (when you come into the house) do not have power either. There is still power on the main control panel under the staircase.

Any thoughts or ideas as to what the problem could be?

Cheers,
m

as breezer suggested! it will be the aux fuse.......

if you remove the panel lid, its situated on the main pcb, normaly a 1 amp glass fuse! you can get these from rs or maplins im not to sure if diy stores stock glass fuses! ;)

Sponsored Links
as breezer suggested! it will be the aux fuse.......

if you remove the panel lid, its situated on the main pcb, normaly a 1 amp glass fuse! you can get these from rs or maplins im not to sure if diy stores stock glass fuses! ;)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice you were bang on, it was the aux fuse. Not sure how I fried it, but hey, I'm glad it's fixed now.

~Thanks again,

m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back