Tamper Light on...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'd really love some help please...

The panel cover on the alarm box in the cupboard was knocked off today and needless to say the tamper went off.

The alarm sounded (and was turned off with the code) and the tamper light went on on the keypad but this stayed on after the code was entered.

The alarm box is an ademco xpc microtech accord 8. I've checked the user manual but there is nothing in there to indicate how I get the tamper light off.

I don't have any factory reset codes and tbh, i.e. I don't know if I'd need to set up the zones and partial set modes etc.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No check lid is on secure it may have jolted off the tamper spring , remove lid and replace ...
image.jpg

Thanks sparkymarka. The cover is back on but tamper light still on. I've attached a pic to show if the tamper is missing something.
I am assuming the arm hanging out is the tamper. It ties up with your diagram.

Thanks.

It may or not have a back tamper on the control panel, hold the tamper switch and get somone else to reset the panel , see if it clears ( enter code twice )

Sponsored Links
You my friend are a gent. I had someone do that and it cleared. So the box isnt forcing that arm in far enough to push the switch down. Wonder what changed. I.ve used electrical tape on the inside of the cover with a small rubber to force the tamper arm down so I can get the fault cleared.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back