accenta 8 stuck on tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
accenta8 mini, was playing up last week all zones were lighting up when i tried to enter code and would not let me set the alarm. Solution was changing the internal 12V battery, everything was working fine for 3 days then alarm just went off by itself, entered the code and it switched off but stayed on tamper and would not let me reset it. Turned the system off from the mains, alarm goes off, can enter the code but again stays on tamper and wont let me reset it. Disconnected the internal battery but still the same outcome. Checked the fuses and all working. The box outside is flashing due to the tamper light on keypad. All sensors are working.
Any ideas anyone?
:cry:

Sponsored Links
link out the tamper and bell tamper and try to re set system, if this works remove bell tamper link and reset it, to find what has the tamper issue.

Thanks for the help Sparkymarka. Took out tamper wires from terminals 19 & 20 and also T & A terminals(tamper bell), once powered back up, tried resetting but no good, keypad still shows tamper and wont let me reset it. Even disconnected the tamper terminal for keypad but still the same. When it was playing up last week i checked all the PIR sensors by opening them up and just checking the wires, that fault was the internal battery which i replaced which fixed the problem and worked fine for 3 days. Do you think that it might be the PIR sensors due to me opening them up that is causing the problem. Or could you suggest any other causes for this. This is really doing my head in.

Sponsored Links
Ok problem fixed, bloody one of the sensors was loose from its casing and was triggering the alarm due to the spring in the sensors, hence the tamper alert. All working fine now. Thanks again for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back