securit 700l engineers reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New house I have been given the user code but not the engineers code as the alarm was on contract and the company will not release the code to me but will come out and change it at a cost, yeah right.

So as a qualified electrician I',m armed with my jumper link to do a power down reset to factory defaults, my question is when I pop the lid on the alarm panel in the loft I'm going to trigger the tamper, do I have to gallop back down stairs and input the user code to silence or can I do it in the panel somehow, I'm guessing no. One more thing once I'm into engineers mode can I trigger tampers with no alarm IE for removing PIR for decorating etc.

Sponsored Links
Well it will only set off the internal alarm (speaker) and not the outside siren so why not just disconnect the speaker or ignore it altogether and reboot the thing. Take the mains off before you open the lid - then briefly disconnect the battery -- then reboot as instructed - then go down to the keypad.

Hi tspark3009,

The times I've had to go up and down to get to the keypad, what a pain, and my knees get the ointment treatment when I get home. Sometimes the obvious is staring us in the face and it takes someone not involved to tell us. I was doing just that, when this little old lady said, " ... can't you take that thing upstairs with you?...". Simple and obvious, ever since then I make a habit of disconnecting the keypad, at both ends obviously, link it up to a short piece of six core, feed the six core into the back of the panel, and no more 'running up and down'.

Sponsored Links
Not a tip I'll be adopting in a hurry. :confused:

I'll let the O.P. decide if he wants to use that method, it's up to him really, and not anyone else.

Sparkymarka, I have always put you down as a bit of a decent guy. You are not joining the zombie 'one liners' as well are you ? I sincerely hope not.

Come over to the Dark Side Sparkymarka. ;)

Hi tspark3009,

At this point I need to go 'off topic' with you for a few moments.

Unfortunately, on this forum there are a number of individuals who will attempt to 'throw the subject' by inserting 'one liners' into your query. This has the effect of bringing 'DIY Not' into disrepute and tends to leave the original questioner in ' a bit of a quandry'. I can only give you limited advice based on my own experiences and totally relevant to your question. Whether you wish to act on it or not is entirely up to yourself, but I always insist on 'staying with you'. My suggestion regarding the keypad was for your consumption only, whether you accept or decline is entirely up to yourself.

One liners you should discount as not relevant:-

"..what ! it would take longer to do that, than a quick factory default.."

That may well be the case, but could he do a PIR (periodic inspection report for the uninitiated !) faster than you ? In truth however, it takes just a few minutes to remove the keypad, so I have some doubts as to the accuracy of the 'one liner' which has no bearing on your post.

"...Not a tip I'll be adopting in a hurry...."

This 'one liner' comes from a chap with limited experience who delights in following me around in order to insert his muppet comments, so I tend to ignore him, please do the same, otherwise you'll find yourself 'off topic' which does not help your cause.

"....Come over to the Dark Side Sparkymarka..." .... and .... "...how much does it cost ? ..." are self evident from the above examples.

I am in no doubt that you shall see more 'rubbish content' before your original post has reached a satisfactory conclusion. We are supposed to be here to try our best to help you. If I can be of the slightest support, then my job is done. I sincerely hope this 'off topic' note may be of some help to you.

Best Wishes

I'll let the O.P. decide if he wants to use that method, it's up to him really, and not anyone else.

Sparkymarka, I have always put you down as a bit of a decent guy. You are not joining the zombie 'one liners' as well are you ? I sincerely hope not.
...... and have an even bigger problem when a fuse is blown or re-connected the wrong way around etc.

What a stupid piece of advise.

Are you going to give him your contact details so you can sort it out for him over the 'phone? Of course you're not.

I've got over 25 years in the security industry and fitted over 1000 alarm systems. Not very 'limited experience' is it? I just choose to answer questions with quick facts and not a load of ridiculous cringe-worthy waffle.

Oh I forgot.

Take Care. :rolleyes:

Hello tspark3009,

I don't know if you have a copy of the engineering manual for this panel. If you send me your e.mail address via 'private message' ( don't post it on open forum) I shall get a copy off to you. Should you want to discuss any aspect or just have a general chat, I'll include my home telephone number. I am at work at the moment, but calls are normally diverted to me when I am not at home.

Best Wishes

Chain Daisy

Well it will only set off the internal alarm (speaker) and not the outside siren so why not just disconnect the speaker or ignore it altogether and reboot the thing. Take the mains off before you open the lid - then briefly disconnect the battery -- then reboot as instructed - then go down to the keypad.

what more is needed ? as joe explained. getting somone to disconnect a keypad for the sake of walking a few yards to turn it off after a factory resore will only add to problems ive fitted 100,s of 700l/800l control panels and with the limited programming functions never needed to go to that extreme.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back