VeritasvR8 Cont. Panel. Reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an R8 control panel. I have my user code but not the engineers.
If I know how to reset to factory settings I know the default engineers code.
I need to do some work on the system. Help please.

Also if the mains and battery fail or are disconnected and the external alarm is triggered by its own internal battery how do you silence reset it.

Sponsored Links
I think the engineer code can be locked in, have you tried to reset it using the method in the installation manual?
Taking the cover off the panel will activate the tamper, you'll need to enter the user code to silence it.
I know entering the engineer code and pressing the prog button allows access without tampering but not sure if the user code then prog will.

Regarding the bell box you cannot silence it as such when powering the panel down, some have a test jumper in them so they don't go the full 20 mins or so, this requires access to the bell box and will tamper the system too and not to forget putting it back.
If you can gain access to the battery then you could disconnect it, what do others think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back