Texecom Veritas R8 alarm no light on panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Veritas R8 alarm panel which was previously working but there was a power disconnection which has reset the panel to the default user code.

There is currently no 'unset' or 'tamper' light lit up on the panel, however the keypad is green and responds to button presses.

I have tried to programme the alarm using the user manual however nothing is happening when I enter the default code.

I have replaced the system battery with a new one and still have the same issue.

I'm new to alarm systems so would appreciate some advise on how to get my system working again.

Thanks

Im

Sponsored Links
If your system has defaulted back to factory settings and the default engineers code does not work,then the control panel is engineer locked.
The pcb will need to be replaced if locked.
What code are you using as engineer code ?

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried the default user codes 4321 and 1234.

Do you know how I can retrieve or reset the engineer code?

Thanks.

If locked you can't reset code.The panel is then locked to factory default settings.
Basically panel will need replacing.

Sponsored Links
The panel could be sent off to have it defaulted, used to be someone offering the service on ebay, however, its probably more cost effective to replace the panel and have a full warranty.

The Veritas R8 doesn't have an unset light or tamper light only. units with built in keypads like the 8C and the veritas 8 and the veritas keypad.

Power it down , and back up battery faulty and it’s stalled when the power was off
!

Thanks @sparkymarka. I've disconnected the power as suggested and powered back up and the unset light is now lit up green and the keypad responds to the default user code.

I'm assuming I just need to reprogramme the system now which I'll have a crack at later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back