Merge two photos together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I would like to merge two pictures together, one from roughly the seventies and one from very recent, there is a little damage and colour fade to the older photo and i would like to repair this then cut the person from the old photo and merge this with the new one. Both photos are of people standing up and would like them standing next to each other. Any help on what product to use or if there is a company that could do this for me would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Arthur

Sponsored Links
Gimp.
put each one on a separate layer.

move into place.
merge both together.

free, fun and you get to learn how to do it yourself.

Use youtube to learn how.

The more you pay for software the better it is both to use and with finished result. Photoshop with OnOne (that's two programs) can even separate fly away hair and place a person where ever you want.

I was taught how to use Photoshop and to be frank to try and learn a second system seems rather pointless as each one takes so much learning.

There are normally many ways to do the same thing. I have just opened Gimp to try and very like Photoshop it has layers and layer masks. Don't use the erase brush as you have limited back options you have to size the two pictures approx the same then use a layer mask and the brush to erase or part erase the top picture so bottom one shows through.

By clicking between black and white on the pallet you can add or subtract the top image until you have what you want.

With Photoshop you can temp reduce opacity while using scale so you can see one image against the other. With Gimp you can reduce opacity in the same way but as you click scale it goes to full opacity so not quite as easy to use but it will do it.

It will depend how alike the photos are as to how much can be auto done. I often take multi exposures then combine and the auto align tool and apply with Photoshop is very powerful.

Sponsored Links
Gimp.
put each one on a separate layer.

move into place.
merge both together.

free, fun and you get to learn how to do it yourself.

Use youtube to learn how.

Gimp, great software. Can't go wrong. Take a little time to familiarize yourself with all the options but from my experience this is great software.

http://www.gimp.org/

Back