Mesh spacers, recommended spacing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the recommended spacing between mesh spacers when supporting reinforcement mesh?

Our engineer designed reinforced ground floor slab is 150mm deep and will have A393 mesh 50mm from the bottom. The plan is to use plastic plate spacers to help spread the load over the anti-heave layer and DPM while the concrete is being poured.

The slab is approximately 13.5m2, so I'm hoping a pack of 200 spacers will be enough to support the mesh. The mesh will also be tied onto 16mm dowels on two sides to the existing walls.

Sponsored Links
Can't you pour a 50mm layer of conc over the site fist and pop the mesh into this?

Or is it that you have to tie it into the dowels making it a prerequisite to pouring the conc, i.e. time frame etc?

Can't you pour a 50mm layer of conc over the site fist and pop the mesh into this?

Or is it that you have to tie it into the dowels making it a prerequisite to pouring the conc, i.e. time frame etc?

Hi, the mesh needs to be tied onto the 16mm dowels, plus the BCO wants to inspect the site to check the reinforcement prior to the concrete being poured.

I was looking to place them around every 500mm and then use some ply sheets to walk on whilst tying the mesh to the dowels to spread the load.

I just want to make sure I don't damage the DPM or anti heave layer whilst fixing the reinforcement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back