Messing with 10mm CH plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CH with 10mm piping has been installed now for at least 25 yrs all works fine and i regulary clean out radiators and add inhibitors etc when decorating.

Have now removed en-suite small radiator and about to replace with a chrome towel ladder radiator... theres a fair bit of piping approx 8" or approx 200mm (for those younger than me) of the old pipe work sticking out of floor on both sides of the old radiator .. the new towel radiator width will be slimmer by about 6" (150mm )... so as i have a fair bit of pipe to play with i was wondering how easy is it to bend/manipulate etc compared with 15mm copper pipe.... just wanted to put some bend in it to get it heading towards the correct locations on the radiator and wondered how severe i could go with 10mm or is there a bending spring similar to what i have for 15mm ( just never worked with 10mm )

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
It will almost certainly be Table W copper which is soft copper and therefore malleable.
You can get internal and external bending springs for 10mm.

I use an external bending spring for 10mm and it works well, but beware, if you bend it too many times it can work-harden and fracture.

Sponsored Links
Is there no way of re-drilling the floor and feeding the pipes back up at the right centres. Three inches either side might look a bit pants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back