Messy wiring - Legal issues with selling the house

With Rob on this one.

Unless they pay to have a PIR, and that throws up any issues keep your mouth shut, your money in your pocket and put the fresh dough in the oven!!!!!

In the current market if you can get a buyer and sell snap their arm off.

We bought ours, didn't have a PIR, ended up re-wiring due to previous owners near fatal attempts at DIY electrics.

Hence now a sparky myself!!!!

Sponsored Links
Same here, I bought mine without a PIR, the electrics are a right mess & are slowly being ripped out & replaced to how I want them, not to how the previous owners would want them.

(want as in where sockets etc go).

With the rapid turnover of housing stock over the last 15 years and the number of people (fancying themselves as developers and competent DIYers) leaving death traps and structural/other chaos hiden under the carpets and wallpaper, there is an argument that the Goverment has a duty of care to protect people's lives and lifetime investments.

How they do might be a matter of debate.

Whether they do it should be a no brainer.

Sponsored Links
, there is an argument that the Goverment has a duty of care to protect people's lives and lifetime investments. .

You'll die waiting for that to happen.

What happens is:

Generate a headline grabbing policy,
come up with any old legislation - irrespective of its practicality -
tick the box and say "we've done that"
move on the the next "policy". :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back