Metal Epoxy Resin Putty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother had a very minor leak on one of his copper pipes, is literally only a droplet every minute or so. As he cant afford to get a plumber out at the moment I suggested getting some of that Plumb Mait stuff where you mix the two puttys together and put on pipework to stop leak.

He couldnt get that so got the Wickes own brand stuff. He has tried applying it to pipe but it keeps dropping off. I have no idea if he is doing it right but it cant be that difficult.

Is this stuff any good generally (this brand or others) I know its probably not what plumbers would recommend but seems strange why it isnt working and the leak is very minor so it wouldnt be force of water

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I take it that is for all products of that type and not just the Wickes brand?

Apart from getting a plumber out is there anything else he could try? Those pipe freezing kits....could he freeze that section and then replace it? Dont think he wants to solder but I have seen those kits which have compression fittings on each end?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back