Metal Shed Roof Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

So a topic which has cropped up numerous times but I couldn't see an answer.

We have a metal shed 13' X 10' so largeish. I've tried reflective bubblewrap on the inside of the roof to try and prevent condensation but this proved to be fairly useless over the last winter. So I was thinking about foam spray, however i'm struggling to determine if I can just use expanding foam in canisters (is this regarded as closed cell?) Or do I need an expensive kit which looks like its up around £400/500, with the small gas type bottles. The canisters are about £15 to 20 so I'm thinking about 5 or 6 should do it. The next issue I would foresee is the gun, a normal nozzle is rubbish as thats just used to apply the foam for gap filling purposes rather than a forced spray to splatter an area.

Does anyone have any useful input and experience of trying this? Or stop me before I make an horrendous mistake.

Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
I used 25mm celotex stuck to the underside of the metal roof with spray adhesive. This was effective as it stopped the roof freezing in cold weather and in turn condesation forming on the underside of the frozen panel.
However come the heat of summer the spray glue reemulsified and some of the panels have come loose. Not a massive problem as the steel roof webbing has kept most in place.

Thanks. Yeah I was aldo considering celotex so its good to hear about your experience with it. I suppose Nonails could hold it slightly better - maybe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back