Metal Square Tube, where to buy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to buy 2 metal/Aluminium square pipes with one goes inside the other each 1meter long.
Not sure from where I can buy them..? Preferably from one retail chain like B&Q/Wickes similar..

Outer Pipe 50-70 mm square
Inner pipe 45 - 65 mm square
length - 1meter each
Thickness 2mm (2mm thickness is strong to handle Tennis net..?)
Cheapest metal ..? Aluminium..?

I am planning to use this for post in the garden for a specific purpose.

Any help where I can get hold of these materials cheaply from a retail chain preferably..? If not any retail chain happy to go to online store as well. Thabks very much.

upload_2021-7-30_1-22-21.png

Sponsored Links
Doubtfull of a DIY barn will have material like metal tubing of the size you require.
you need a steel or Ally stockholders.

you haven't indicated where in the country you are located.

Is there a branch of Metals Supermarkets near you?
I'd increase the wall thickness really - would round tubing do the trick? (Scaffold tubing maybe?)
John :)

Sponsored Links
Check B&Q.
I do remember seeing metal tubes when I looked once and thinking about what I could do with them.
they may not have them in now but it's worth a look.

How do you plan to fit them to the lawn(?).

And why were you initially looking for posts that sat inside each other?

Regardless, I hope they work for you. Don't forget to use the plastic caps though otherwise they will rust from the inside out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back