MFI fridge/freezer seems warm help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right then, my current house has an MFI integrated fridge/freezer model APM6855 and the display is coming up with the symbol H and it does not seem to be that cold. The freezer seems fine.
I cant find a manual on the internet does anyone know what this H means and where I can down load a manual?

Sponsored Links
Go into your local MFI and ask them to print the users manual which should be on the storelink site, or photo copy a manual from one they have on display.

Diyisfun, Iv tried that but cant find the manual anywhere and I cant seem to find it on their web site.
Richard I will pop into MFI later and see if I can get a copy.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
just a thought how old it the f/f !!!!
perhaps its an old discontinued model!!!!!

When I looked at the link DIYisfun posted, I saw several pieces of advice like

"Ian yours will 99.9% be iced up you will need to defrost it for approx 48hrs by switching the unit off at the plug as Dave states. Then see how it goes, if it does it again you wil need an engineer unfortunatly

HTH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: jerry49, Location: london Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:42 am Post subject: Re: MFI APM6855 Fridge Problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi walmsleyi,
I bought this 6855 and what happened to you has happened to me I know yours was a year ago but what happened?

Author: mystick, Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 pm Post subject: Re: MFI APM6855 Fridge Problem

Hi all

Seems like a common problem with the APM6855, likewise my fridge stopped cooling yesterday (Hottest Day of the year nearly) but the freezer was ok and it too is only 13 months old.

I prised out the plastic cover at the back of the freezer compartment and pulled forward the freezing element cover that houses the circulation fan to find that there was quite a bit of ice surrounding the element.

I switched off the fridge/freezer completely, defrosted it overnight, started it up again this morning and it is now running great again. I am unsure if there is an underlying fault with a heating circuit which should reduce the ice build up surrounding the element. I'll check the element again in the next few months.

I was thinking that the problem lay with a faulty thermostat initially as well, I'm glad I read this thread first. "

Have you tried that yet?

goooba769, what eventually happened with the machine?

I wouldnt bother with the manual...it is rubbish.
I too have the same problem every few weeks. Its driving me mad.
I phoned the helpline and they advised me to turn off the whole thing for 48hrs . This does the trick for a few weeks although i must say its happening frequently.

mfi f/freezer apm 6855
i have one 5yrs old doing the same thing with the thermostate. had it repaired 3 times and now it makes so much noise, its unbelievable. so it has been written off by the insurers and is being replaced. the thing is its still under warranty by mfi, but now they have gone bust there's nothing can be done as far as i know!!!! :confused:

My mfi fridge/freezer was doing the H thing, and the fridge wasn't working, but the freezer was... just today. I couldn't lay my hands on the manual, but after reading this thread, I removed the 2 panels from the back of the freezer to reveal a substantial amount of ice apparently clogging up the workings for the fan to cool the fridge?! The whole thing has been switched off and a hairdryer positioned in order to defrost the main bit. I'm going to leave it overnight to see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't, my christmas party food will have to be stored outside, as it's -12 degrees. I'll update.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back