MFI kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi this is a real long shot but our tap that was installed by mfi around 15yrs ago has started to leak, normally we would just buy another but we really like this tap....a plumber came round to see if it could be mended but he said without the make and model of the tap it would would be very difficult to fine the correct cartridge to fit. so before we buy another tap is there anyone that worked at mfi and recognises our tap??? thank you
krnGQBsIQjejhtp+X73NOg.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi Sarahloo,

Tbh you will probably struggle on a replacement part, however I think there are universal ones, but obviously it’s trying to find one that will match. I would recommend a new tap, preferably from a supplier that still exists, eg Franke, Bristan, Pegler, to name a few.

Sponsored Links
Just saying get a new tap is a disappointing response in these days of waste.

I realise that for a plumber it might not be economical to repair and you are talking from experience but the OP wants to keep the tap.
The mechanism is not rocket science, as they say. Perhaps it and/or the spout has just become loose.

Take the tap apart and search images of cartridges. You never know, you may find it.

Just saying get a new tap is a disappointing response in these days of waste.

I realise that for a plumber it might not be economical to repair and you are talking from experience but the OP wants to keep the tap.
The mechanism is not rocket science, as they say. Perhaps it and/or the spout has just become loose.

Take the tap apart and search images of cartridges. You never know, you may find it.

Crack on... Then when you've "found it" and the plumber turns up to fit it, and it's not the right one, understand that you will be charged for a failed visit... Been there enough times to recommend a "new tap"... Not saying I like it, as I love to repair stuff, but this sort of thing is flogging a dead horse.

Take the handle and shroud off and unscrew the cartridge (having turned the water off of course) then post a photo of that. That's your only real hope

The price of some of those cartridges would buy a decent tap.

It will only work if the OP can turn the water off and remove the cartridge otherwise he would be paying a plumber twice.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back