Mickey Mouse games??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me or are the commonwealth games a waste of time? Generally speaking, most of the winners are a mile away from the world records. At least in the Olympics the whole world is involved which enures that the best of the best are involved and the times are quick.
Seems like the commonwealth games are just an excuse for substandard athlethes to get a medal to me.

Sponsored Links
aren't commonwealth games intended for the amateur athlete, though?

which would explain why they arent "the best of the best"....you have to start somewhere, right?

gcol
I did enjoy watching the lithe lady gymnasts the other day ..lol ;)

mlb3c said:

which would explain why they arent "the best of the best"....you have to start somewhere, right?

Nope, just athletes from "commonwealth" countries. I think you've just confirmed my point.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
mlb3c said:

Nope, just athletes from "commonwealth" countries. I think you've just confirmed my point.

well...the reason I said that is that there are states here (Virginia, for one)that have "commonwealth games" based on this premise. Excuse my ignorance since this is not the case in which you are referring :oops:

Forgive me if you thought I was poking fun, I wasn't. Seems like most of the performances are well short of world level though.

no prob....I'm liable to choke on that foot in my mouth any time now :LOL:

sometimes I think our countries have a lot in common....just to find out....it looks the same...sounds the same....think its the same....it isn't...oh well! ;)

two countries divided by a common language ;)
Re mickey mouse games - so you reckon that unless a competition only involves the absolute best competitors in the world it has no worth?
:rolleyes:

mlb3c said:

No, that was called the olympic games. The rules were changed on the behest of........ the USA :eek:

Eddie M said:
mlb3c said:

No, that was called the olympic games. The rules were changed on the behest of........ the USA :eek:

oooh...hitting below the belt. Thought men in general avoided this ploy. :evil:

Dellsmp said:
Re mickey mouse games - so you reckon that unless a competition only involves the absolute best competitors in the world it has no worth?
:rolleyes:
In my opinion, yep.
Why waste my time watching substandard performances? It makes me laugh when an athlete wins gold and is 24 secs outside the WR time. What's the point?
And before you say it..... the only football I watch is the world cup. Not league rubbish.

BTw
I rang the BBC an complained last week that they had took a good prog off in the morning
"Homes under the Hammer !"

due to the coverage , but they apoligised an said the series would continue after the games finished ...lol :)

I have the BBC complaints on my speed dial numbers ..lol :) Im that sad ,
Victor Meldrew ..lol :)

mlb3c said:
Eddie M said:
mlb3c said:

oooh...hitting below the belt. Thought men in general avoided this ploy. :evil:

No, just stating a fact, incidentally, talking of hitting below the belt the only event in the olympics that can only be entered by amateurs is boxing. All that said, the commonwealth games is a bit s***e just an excuse so that we can win a few medals, and puff our chest out a bit. Only to get soundly whopped when we play on a world stage. Still they're all drug cheats ;) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back