Micra pothole and steering issues !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I sadly hit a large pothole Tuesday night (aaaarrrggghhhh!). There was then this 'whirring' noise on impact like a spinning metal plate that gradually reduced in speed and stopped after about 5 secs never to be heard again. Front nearside wheel. Since then the steering has felt much 'lighter' with understeer. I can move wheel 1-2 inches and stay in straight line. Feels almost weightless which I do not like!
Could it be something to do with ABS or what else? Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
S

Sponsored Links
Time for some investigation.....jack that side of the car up, and carefully check the wheel for damage (particularly on the inside where there is less metal to support the rim).
If all ok there, pay attention to the bottom suspension frame, or wishbone as it is called. I imagine this has become distorted.
The noise you heard was probably the disc catching on its backplate when the incident occurred.
Don't leave this one...the tyre wear will be huge, and the tracking will need to be set after repairs are carried out.
John :)

You may have damaged a track rod. It would be bset to get your car looked at asap as it could be dangerous when driving at high speed.

Edited: Just beaten to it by you, John. Good call, as usual. ;)

Sponsored Links