Blooming Woman Drivers!!!

B

Big_Spark

Sorry, but this is a rant..I've had a crap day...

Got up this morning at 6am for work..work on a Sunday..and I've done the last 42 days straight!!

Driving down the A12 from the Boreham Interchange and came across road works at Witham south that diverted us off the A12 and then back onto it heading back where I had come from..no warning or bugger all.

Quickly realising this diversion was taking me back to where I started my journey toward the A138 and the A120 I turned off at Hatfield Peverel to use the back roads via Tiptree and Heckfordbridge to enter Colchester from that direction.

Everything going swimmingly until I get to a double mini roundabout in Tollgate at the junction of Villa Road and Church Lane...This woman driving a Toyota Avensis just pulled onto the roundabout in front of me..gave me about 15ft to stop in.

I managed to anchor up, but due to speed the ABS didn't cut-in (only works above 25mph), I steered to the left to avoid the collision..so she blooming stopped in my path rather than accelerate out of it...consequently I hit her rear quarter and spun her around....

Now my nice clean (washed yesterday after work) 7 month old VW Transporter Van has a dented bonnet, knackered front Valence, broken headlamp and Fog lamp, twisted side front quarter panel and a slow puncture (may have already been there but only noticed after accident)

Why is that people seem to think they have automatic right of way at roundabouts? Why do they not look when approaching them...

Now I and my partner have lost a days work each, VW assistance are coming to check the Van to see if it is safe to drive as I have vibration on the accelerator pedal and the break pedal...the Master cylinder in on the area damaged and so is the Turbo..it has a popped pipe on the intake but nothing serious I hope.

I contacted the Police, and all they did was complain (one of them) about her car still blocking the roundabout..when she was clearly too shocked to drive and the car needed attention to the rear to free the wheel from the damaged bumper and rear valence...

No people came out from their houses..except one nice young lady who was woken by the impact and kindly brought us all a cup of steaming tea.

What is wrong with this country when people do not affer assistance following a car crash...from their homes they could not tell if anyone was injured or not..how sad this country is degenerating into..

But why did she not blooming look.........ho hum..that's life..

That is now 9 accidents in 22 years and almost 2.6 Million miles..and I worked it out that 5...YES 5 have been caused by female drivers..so why do they claim to be safer!!!! (Of the nine, 6 have been impacts from the rea whilst stationary, one was a 50/50 accident, one was where a lady pulled out from a side road and this one...)

AAARRRRRHHHHHH

Sorry for the rant..just wanted to get it off my chest...

I'm only glad no-one was physically hurt...metal/plastic/glass is repairable/replacable..people are not...

Sponsored Links
they are safer drivers............theyre just very unsafe targets for you! ;)

I'm glad nobody was hurt Big-Spark and you've got your rant of your chest.
You'll feel better in the morning (I hope) and will remember that there are as many stupid male drivers around here as there are stupid female drivers.

WoodYouLike said:
You'll feel better in the morning (I hope) and will remember that there are as many stupid male drivers around here as there are stupid female drivers.

100% agree with that...more by number...

Sponsored Links
Big_Spark said:
WoodYouLike said:

100% agree with that...more by number...
Well at least it was a roundabout..........had a 4x4 come out of a t ...nearly hit it, I had been travelling down a 500+yard straight clear road.in my CAR....what hope for bikes :?: Best times were when I had a knackered old Saab.they used to give way when they should-- seeing that coming for them :LOL: :LOL: even the chelsea tractors would take to the grass

Well the VW man has been and had a good look, all is OK and the Van is safe to drive on the road thankfully...

It is amazing what damage a low speed impact can do...just goes to show how they engineer them to absorb impacts energy by crushing of the panels!!

more like cost saving making them feeble and crumple too easy

better to say they engineered it that way :D

Thermo said:
they are safer drivers............theyre just very unsafe targets for you! ;)
I was thinking the same till i saw one drinking from a mug whilst driving and another one putting her makeup on on a roundabout! :LOL:

I was talking to a friend a while ago this evening who is a serving Officer with the Met, he said that when attending RTA's that do not involve stolen vehicles, about 60% have a female driver as at least one of the parties, and in most of these cases she is the cause of the accident.

He also pointed out that as woman only form something like 25% of the driver population of the UK, they are actually involved in proportionatley more accidents than men, however people like to simply take raw figures as pure numbers, which is obviously less.

He also pointed out that this figure is purely dependent on age group as well. He said up to the mid 20's, the vast majority, he estimated at more than 90%, are males and involved dangerous or reckless driving.

He also said that in his experience, the majority of woman caused accidents by doing something else in the car or by being too nervous, whilst others seem totally oblivious to other road users...

Now I am not in a position to comment, he works in one part of London which is only one part of the UK, so it would likely be unfair to generalise overall, but there must be something in what he observes whilst doing his Job...and he's been doing it for some 18 years...

Which leads onto why do some insurance companies offer preferential rates to females? Isn't this sexist?

The reason that women get cheaper car insurance is not because they have less accidents...

It's because:

1) they are less likely to claim for something where the car is still driveable (they don't seem to mind having dings and dents as much)
2) the accidents they do claim for are generally cheaper.

A man is more likely to have an accident involving excess speed, especially a young man. Such accidents are more likely to end up with the car upside down or banana-shaped.

However, women are more likely to turn right from the left lane of a roundabout, or have their foot slip off the clutch in a queue, or... pull out onto a roundabout without looking.

Big_Spark said:
........... 22 years and almost 2.6 Million miles..and I worked it out that 5...YES 5 have been caused by female drivers..so why do they claim to be safer!!!! (Of the nine, 6 have been impacts from the rea whilst stationary, one was a 50/50 accident, one was where a lady pulled out from a side road and this one...)

Bejasus !! 2.6 million miles in 22 yrs is, 324 miles per day every single day without exception, even at 40 mph o/a average (never) that is 8hrs travelling per day ... Sure that's not Km?
0.62 x 2.6m = 161200 miles or a mere 200 miles per day every single day for 22 years ?
As usual, I am amazed. :D

Got it !! You been fitting extra low profile tyres on the vehicles, without recalibrating the speedo ... Ah, now I see. ;)

empip, the figures are correct and in miles.

Most of the milage I clocked up in my younger years and when working in Canada/The US, however I still do about 180 miles a day now, and as this is generally Motorway driving with about 20% arund town, it doesn't take long to clock up.

Generally I do about 2.5 to 3 hours travel a day, and lately this has been 7 days a week again.

In my younger days I could do about 4 hours work driving (to and from total) and if bored simply get in the car and drive around the country lanes for a few hours..it's amazing how quickly those miles clock up.

AdamW said:
However, women are more likely to turn right from the left lane of a roundabout, or have their foot slip off the clutch in a queue, or... pull out onto a roundabout without looking.

No, I don't

Here's an example of how woman drivers are better than men;-

Car in front approaches roundabout in outside lane and stops, strange I thought no traffice coming for her to give way to. Some 30 seconds later, her passenger gets out of the car.

So she holds up the traffic behind, risks the life of her passenger in order to drop them off on a roundabout of all places. Now if i had been having a bad day, I probably would have changed to the inside lane hit her passenger door as it opened and it would be my fault, That's why their premiums are lower. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back