Moron drivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yet again when I go to work tomorrow there will at least 5 morons hogging the outside lane of the dual carriageway because 5 miles down the road they might be turning right at the roundabout.

******s.

Why cant these people remember what is written in the highway code, the same highway code I read when I passed my test all those yrs ago.

Its even worse at night coming home where there is a 50mph limit and they want to stop me going over 50mph they hog the outside then move to the inside when I do and then pull out again when I try and over take.

Its just as bad when I'm on my bike people seem to be surprised at the rate of acceleration a bike has and cant anticipate whats going on.

Get these morons off the road, put the speed limit back to what is used to be and let people who can do it get back to enjoying their driving. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I agree with you Daz66.The ones I hate is the weekend gypsies,caravans.
When there is a five mile tail back,do they pull over when they can and let the cars pass,like hell they do.

It also tells you in the Highway Code that you must obey the speed limits. Funny how people decide which rule to follow and which to ignore.

Sponsored Links
That is truly the smartest thing I've ever seen you write Joe.

In fact, it's just about the smartest thing I've seen anyone write. :D

Softus said:
That is truly the smartest thing I've ever seen you write Joe.

In fact, it's just about the smartest thing I've seen anyone write. :D

Is this the start of a special relationship :LOL:

Joe, I do on the whole obey the speed limits.

However it is not up to others to try and force me to do this, they are endangering me and themselves by pulling out to stop me overtaking.

I have almost had an accident on my bike when someone decided that it would be fun to brake test me on a dual carriageway at 60 mph.

On the scale of things driving over the speed limit is hardly the most evil of crimes, yes its wrong but its not stealing, mugging, killing etc etc.

Anybody who says they have never done it are either lying or really really boring..... :LOL:

Daz66 said:
Anybody who says they have never done it are either lying or really really boring.
I wish it to be known that I do not break the speed limit, nor do I m@sturbate.

rommy said:
I agree with you Daz66.The ones I hate is the weekend gypsies,caravans.
When there is a five mile tail back,do they pull over when they can and let the cars pass,like hell they do.

Although the Caravan Club would have you believe that their members always pull over to allow traffic to pass... I've NEVER seen a caravan pull over to let traffic pass, even when on long sections of windy A road with plenty of lay-bys to pull in but no overtaking opportunities.

Daz66 said:
On the scale of things driving over the speed limit is hardly the most evil of crimes, yes its wrong but its not stealing, mugging, killing etc etc.

I'm sure nobody has ever lost control when speeding, or misjudged an overtaking manouvre and gone head on into a family killing them all. It isn't the crime that is the bad part, its the consequence.

box basher I'm 100% with you there, its people driving beyond their skills that is the worry.

Young drivers who have just passed their test's seem to think they are invincible, and sometimes older ones too. Many people just don't consider their actions and the consequences (like pulling out to stop a speeding car or bike).

In today's high speed world it seems that everyone one is rushing around trying to get somewhere quickly, I would rather arrive late than not arrive at all and I always try and pass on this pearl to the younger drivers I encounter.

I have over 20yrs experience in cars and over 10yrs on bikes without any major incidents or accidents (have fallen off the bike twice in the snow though, you would think I would have learned the first time :oops: ) and am increasingly bemused at the level, or lack of, skill shown by many drivers.

I would welcome tests every 10yrs falling to every 5yrs aged over 60 for everyone and if you fail you have to take an intensive driving course before re-sitting the test. I would also welcome limits on engine size according to experience and age, say nothing over 1300cc for 17-20 and a limit to 2000cc to 25.

Daz66 said:
I have over 20yrs experience in cars and over 10yrs on bikes without any major incidents or accidents (have fallen off the bike twice in the snow though, you would think I would have learned the first time :oops: ) and am increasingly bemused at the level, or lack of, skill shown by many drivers.
Personally I have 30 years in cars and 16 years on bikes, and have also come off once on snow and once on ice (eek!), but my view is entirely different to yours - if I'm piling down the outer lane and encounter someone doing the speed limit, if I wish to get past then it's my responsibility to get past safely, and nobody else's.

Road users are entitled to drive/ride at the speed limit as long as it's safe.

Sponsored Links
Back