idiotic drivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
whilst out drivin this mornin, on a 20 min trip, i encoutered the following drivers

driver slowed down on dual carriageway for no reason. then turned left without indicating. remind me, what are slip roads for?

charv in has charved up corsa. sittin at 55 in a 50 zone comin upto junction. he then indicated left, got into slip road and pulled back onto road, sped up to about 65, took next slip road, continued to increase speed. didnt see traffic infront and made a large smoked area and swerved into R/H lane. how he missed the car infront i will never know

driver goin along a open, clear road, 30MPH limit. sitting at 25MPH with a line of traffic behind. i overtake, he decides to go 30. got past and he was right up my arse the rest of the way

+ other minor things, which always happens

and the roads are safe?

Sponsored Links
My mum took me to pick my car up from its service yesterday afternoon... on the way back I was following her when a Renault Espace that had been behind me undertook me on the roundabout and then cut her up (we hadn't even been going slow: my mum like most people drives at 5-10 over the speed limit)

What made me grin... "Baby on board" sticker in the rear window :LOL:

What made me grin a second time... the fact that he made absolutely no extra progress, the 60mph road we ended up on was being held up by someone mincing along at 35 :LOL:

Personally, I think displaying "Baby on board" stickers should be illegal, I have never heard someone saying "Oooh, baby on board sticker, I better be extra careful" and NOT drive into the back of them. All it means is everyone else expects a better standard of driving from them, and when they DO slip up, it makes everyone else extra pi**ed off. And this is quite frequent as those who display these signs spend more time observing the back seat than the road.

Perhaps "Caution: daffy cow on board who isn't paying attention to the road" would be better. :rolleyes:

Did anyone see that BBC programme "Car Nation" last week? They had this "busy mum"-type woman... At one point she was saying about how good she was at multi-tasking, and could keep an eye on the kids in the back, whilst singing along to the radio, planning dinner AND driving at the same time... Yup, I had to wonder about how many accidents she has seen in the rearview mirror. :LOL: :LOL:

alegedly the "baby on board sticker" is there for th emergency services, so if car is in crash they then look for a baby, that may / not have been thrown clear form the vehicle.

but like all notices, they do not get removed when no baby present so become a waste of time / useless

Perhaps if the drivers with babies on board were extra super-careful (how often do you see them going 90 in the outside lane, tailgating?), then they wouldn't have crashes? :rolleyes: I remember a discussion we had on here ages ago where most reckoned babies should be put as far out of reach as possible to prevent "I can multitask" mothers from dealing with the sproglets on the move.

I never knew the emergency reasons for the signs. If I were in the emergency services, I think the presence of a baby seat would usually alert me to the possible presence of a baby ;) I fear that those at the scene of the accident may feel insulted that their intelligence has come into question by the owners of the vehicle...

Sponsored Links
it has been known for baby and seat to get thrown out of vehicle (baby still fast asleep when evetualy found)

hence introduction of signs, then of course the mikey take signs, followed that

I was out today took the old man to the park ... "putting an nodding agreement at his racist *kill them muslim ******* rants* "

On driving away after SMELLING/RETCHING dog sh*te, He swore blind he didnt walk in crap .

A look at his shoes he said "I may of trod on summit !!,"
an laughed

an he had been smearing it in footwell
Patricide is how many years ?

Normally on a sunday just slow up .........

its not workday if its 30 do 28 .. behind a cap wearer wether ,
chav or old person same thing take care accidents behind are always YOUR FAULT ..

If you MUST MAKE A POINT ,DO THIS ITS BULLET PROOF .... drop a gear over take an then slam your brakes on ..BANG their fault an you go to compo hotline ..

breezer said:
but like all notices, they do not get removed when no baby present so become a waste of time / useless

Reminds of a "notice" I saw in a joke book as a kid......

IF YOU NOTICE THIS NOTICE, YOU'LL NOTICE THIS NOTICE IS NOT WORTH NOTICING. ;)

Driving standards have fallen, but we all need to be aware that no matter how much experience we have behind the wheel, we are all human and make mistakes, so perhaps a little more patience is required by all of us..

and if they keep making the mistake...RAM THE FATHERLESS SON OF A BEACH OFF THE ROAD...MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :LOL: :LOL:

FWL_Engineer said:
Driving standards have fallen, but we all need to be aware that no matter how much experience we have behind the wheel, we are all human and make mistakes, so perhaps a little more patience is required by all of us..

and if they keep making the mistake...RAM THE FATHERLESS SON OF A BEACH OFF THE ROAD...MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :LOL: :LOL:

and if the roads werent so dangerous, narrower roads, speed cameras (panic braking), islands in middle of roads etc etc, then mistakes wouldnt be do dangerous. someone should put me incharge of road safety

no 20 zones. common sense tells you that you shouldnt be doin 30 down a small, crowded street.

motorways will have a speed limit of 80. its an open, clear road. why stick to 70?

speed cameras will be banned on most roads. cameras will still be allowed in accident hotspots. all mobile speed cameras will be banned from most roads (again, allowed at accident hotspots - and they must have a temporary camera sign 150M away from them)

mini islands in roads will be removed. they just cause more problem. means that instead of 1 side havin cars there has to be a gap so cars can get round either side of the islands

no more speed ramps are to be built. existing can stay, but if work is done (i.e resurfacing) then they are to be removed.

speed ramps were 1 side has to give way to the other (cant remember their name) will be removed. money used to remove them is what is saved from building them.

police will still have powers to stop people speeding, if they are doing it dangerously (i.e 60 in a normal street with houses etc. goin 90 down a clear, open motorway (remember, the speed limit will be 80) will not be stopped)

all speed camera vans must be parked legally. no parking on double yellow lines, no parking on paths to avoid double yellow lines.

noisy exhausts will be banned. they only a nuicence.

and thats all i can think of ATM

andrew2022 said:
no 20 zones. common sense tells you that you shouldnt be doin 30 down a small, crowded street.
Trouble is, speeding drivers don't use their common sense and statistics show multitudes of accidents in these zones many involving children, hence the need for signage.

The road traffic authorities would be negligent if they didn't put up signage especially so since the Signage Regs were encompassed into the Health and Safety Act in recent times.

kendor said:
andrew2022 said:
Trouble is, speeding drivers don't use their common sense and statistics show multitudes of accidents in these zones many involving children, hence the need for signage.

The road traffic authorities would be negligent if they didn't put up signage especially so since the Signage Regs were encompassed into the Health and Safety Act in recent times.

but the point is, there is no reason why i should be restricted to 20MPH on an open, clear road near a school at 1AM. its not as if there are any kids using it. they reduce the speeds for schools, but just think, thats only 2/3 hours per day when the kids are about, and thats only during school term. otherwise, there is no reason for it to be 20

There is a key piece of logic that road planners have missed.

OK, what time do you expect to see children running around outside a school?

1) Just before school starts in the morning
2) Just after school finishes in the afternoon
3) As the kids pile onto coaches to go on a school trip

Now, if I can explain the logic

1) At this time, the roads are blocked with people carriers and 4x4s. It's not possible to move at more than a few mph usually.
2) Same as 1.
3) There will be a ruddy great coach blocking the road. :rolleyes:

So, what we have here, is a speed limit that is only "necessary" for around 1 hour per day for 5 days a week. A mere 5 hours out of 168. During those 5 hours, it is not possible to attain such a speed, therefore the speed limit is worthless.

It's like putting a 70mph speed limit on roads with speed humps every 50 feet. :LOL:

AdamW said:
There is a key piece of logic that road planners have missed.

OK, what time do you expect to see children running around outside a school?

1) Just before school starts in the morning
2) Just after school finishes in the afternoon
3) As the kids pile onto coaches to go on a school trip

Now, if I can explain the logic

1) At this time, the roads are blocked with people carriers and 4x4s. It's not possible to move at more than a few mph usually.
2) Same as 1.
3) There will be a ruddy great coach blocking the road. :rolleyes:

So, what we have here, is a speed limit that is only "necessary" for around 1 hour per day for 5 days a week. A mere 5 hours out of 168. During those 5 hours, it is not possible to attain such a speed, therefore the speed limit is worthless.

It's like putting a 70mph speed limit on roads with speed humps every 50 feet. :LOL:

theres a single carriageway on my way home from work running parallel to the A1. there is a large sign sayin national speed limit. followed by a sign sayin traffic calming. and then a speed ramp (not just an ordinary speed ramp. you have to go about 10MPH or youll go flying. there is another like this further along)

everyday things that annoy me the most :

1) people hogging the middle/right lanes. when driving down motorways i nearly always find the left lane empty, middle lane with a couple of cars, right lane rammed full. people stay in the middle lane even though its going to take them several minutes to catch up with the lorry 300m down the road that they're 'overtaking'. its left lane unless overtaking! if every person stuck to this rule, road space would be used more efficiently, people would get home quicker, there would be less frustration, speeding accidents...

2) people not indicating. especially on a motorway when changing lanes. you indicate to tell other drivers what you're doing, so they can plan what they're doing. if people don't indicate, last minute decisions have to be made to accommodate that driver. on roundabouts, it causes more inefficiency. those already on should indicate when turning off so others aren't left waiting unneccessarily to get on themselves.

When working in Scotland ( a 560 mile weekly round trip) I used to see many nightmares on the M6. As has been mentioned, "middle" and "fast lane" hoggers who are going nowhere.
At 5am one Monday morning i was just joining the M6 from the M5 doing a respectable 98ish m.p.h. on a totally empty m'way when these headlights rapidly caught up with me, then the blue lights went on. S h it thinks I as I take me foot off the go pedal, police pull along side, give me a signal as to slow down and then p*** off and leave me alone ! Nice fellas ! Point is the road was empty, if it was busy I would have expected to be pulled for doing that speed.
Next, my pet gripe. Anyone ( grandad or chav ) who wears a hat when driving a car should have their licence removed, if they can't work out that you don't get your head wet in a car, how can they work out how to drive the b***dy thing safely ??

Sponsored Links
Back