Micro Bore Piping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sealed central heating system with 8 radiators over 2 floors, fed from a Vokera Maxim 24e boiler.The radiators are fed off manifolds using 10mm microbore flexible piping (22mm piping manifolds to boiler).
Auto by-pass on boiler, room thermostat in hallway, TRVs on all radiators (but all fully open)
The problem I have is that periodically I have different radiators going cold. On each occassion, the problem has been a result of a blockage due to scale in the piping (always the flow for some reason). To solve, I have to drain the system and blow/snake out grit from radiator to manifold.
I have fitted a Magnaclean Unit at boiler and it has made a difference to a degree.
I've spent a fortune on cleansers and inhibitors to try and solve problem but to no avail.
Any ideas? Is power flushing whole system the answer?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back